New ALMR Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKSCANMAN

Looks like North Star and North Pole FD went to ALMR this past week.

If anyone has any info on the talk groups let us know

kikito

Premium Subscriber
AKSCANMAN said:
Looks like North Star and North Pole FD went to ALMR this past week.

If anyone has any info on the talk groups let us know
The main talkgroups are already posted on the database here:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=2447

So far and basically what it seems they're doing is, they Dispatch on a main talkgroup and then they move the Ops to another.

North Star Dispatch - 23475 (Which I've seen often "patched" to North Pole Dispatch - 23430) and then they operate on scene on 23417 or 23418. I guess we'll find out more in the next few weeks once they switch strictly to using ALMR.

AKSCANMAN

North Star Dispatch - 23475 (Which I've seen often "patched" to North Pole Dispatch - 23430) and then they operate on scene on 23417 or 23418. I guess we'll find out more in the next few weeks once they switch strictly to using ALMR.[/QUOTE]

They "patch" them because North Pole does their EMS Transports for North Star area

AKSCANMAN

I want to know if Ester and Steese UAF when they will go to ALMR I have heard they may gi in 07 sometime

kikito

Premium Subscriber
AKSCANMAN said:
I want to know if Ester and Steese UAF when they will go to ALMR I have heard they may gi in 07 sometime
I've been hearing "deadlines" for a year that keep getting postponed for one reason or the other. I've noticed that most agencies have had the proper radios for a while using them in analog mode. So who knows when it will happen except that for sure it'll happen in 2007 sometime....

spanner

Premium Subscriber
You know, I miss the Fairbanks area......Steese, UAF, Ester, Moose Creek, CGVFD and so on.....

I remember when we opened Steese Station 2.........Man that was a station (For Alaska!)....Always seemed to get to some good training at NSVFD.......Loved running mutual aid wit the city.......

Oh well, I will get back there someday......

Carl

AKSCANMAN

spanner said:
You know, I miss the Fairbanks area......Steese, UAF, Ester, Moose Creek, CGVFD and so on.....

I remember when we opened Steese Station 2.........Man that was a station (For Alaska!)....Always seemed to get to some good training at NSVFD.......Loved running mutual aid wit the city.......

Oh well, I will get back there someday......

Carl

Moose Creek VFD Clased down some time ago. They are now NSVFD station 5
Your right Fairbanks is a great area

spanner

Premium Subscriber
That is sad to hear about Moose Creek.......They did have a small but dedicated bunch!

NSVFD must be HUGE now!

Carl

AKSCANMAN

spanner said:
That is sad to hear about Moose Creek.......They did have a small but dedicated bunch!

NSVFD must be HUGE now!

Carl
NSVFD is big they run out 5 stations and will be adding a 6th in the Chena Hot Springs road area, Not sure as too when I know they cover over 100 sq miles. A lot of the old Moose Creek crew went over to North Star and a few to North Pole from what I understand. North Star is a VERY good department and they do a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.