New Antenna and Conventional Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thagewood

I live in Newton KS and I got a new antenna for my pro 106. The problem I have noticed is that I am not picking up the conventional local freq. like Harvey Co. I am getting Butler Co and Sedgwick Co Trunked Systems fine as fare as I can tell. The antenna I got is a RadioShack® Outdoor Scanner/Ham Discone Antenna RadioShack® Outdoor Scanner/Ham Discone Antenna - RadioShack.com I did read somthing about tuning a antenna but I am lost when it comes to this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

digitalanalog

It has to be your programming, There is no "Tuning" on your discone antenna.

discone antenna is wide band antenna and is designed to receive a wide range of frequencies across many different band's, you will just notice it receives better in certain bands then others, which is typical.

again, check your programming

Good Luck.

n0lqt

The Pro-106 is very susceptible to RF overload and de-sense. I had the same issue. Try turning on the attenuator for the local VHF-hi band frequencies here in Newton. If that doesn't help, you may have to put an FM-block in the line. There are two 100,000 watt FM stations there on Cow Palace Road that just play holy havoc with reception if you live on the west side of town. You can also try downloading the newest firmware (2.0) off the RS site and reflashing it....

Status
Not open for further replies.