New Antenna Coming Soon based on Old Favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
I can say that I've had two expensive items damaged in shipping. One was a telescope, UPS did that one, it was still usable but had damage. My only recourse was basically, "Give us back the telescope never to see it again and we might give you your money back".

The other was a telescope eyepiece that was shipped through the post office. I simply filled out an online form with pictures of the item before I shipped it and after, I got a refund within a few weeks.

Hopefully you can at least get some money back but obviously this is a setback.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Did the ST2 ship with a 3' piece of wood in the box? Some antenna I purchased shipped with a .5" x 1.5" piece of cut wood in the box.

Reactions: RRR

digitalanalog

Did the ST2 ship with a 3' piece of wood in the box? Some antenna I purchased shipped with a .5" x 1.5" piece of cut wood in the box.
No i did not add wood

It looks like the one got special handling...
Yeah, That's special handling all right.
I think it pretty obvious that the box was to long somewhere along it's travel so they just bent it to make it fit.
as mentioned, i will be shipping in heavy cardboard tubes from now on.
I just hope it can be straighten enough to be usable for testing otherwise I will have to TRY and buy one
from all these people that have them stored.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
....... otherwise I will have to TRY and buy one
from all these people that have them stored.

You don't have one that you are comparing it to?

I'll let you test mine (NOS, in box) if you will return it to me, -and- send me one of your antennas when they are done. I like to try things out, heck it may work out good

digitalanalog

You don't have one that you are comparing it to?

I'll let you test mine (NOS, in box) if you will return it to me, -and- send me one of your antennas when they are done. I like to try things out, heck it may work out good

Yes i shipped one of my ST2's to the tester withthe new antenna but as you can see in the photos posted above it was damaged in shipping and badly bent, Tester has said he was able to straighten it out good enough to use for testing, so thats good. which also meens I don't need to be looking for one. I appreciate your offer but the old one was good enough for testing and I have those numbers from testing on the ST2, comparison testing on The Searcher is next when everything is done results will be released.

digitalanalog

I have searched hi and low for this type of antenna mast clamp, I have googled everything I could think of and the only place I can find this type of clamp is in a Hardware Kit from channelmaster. I want to buy just the clamp, if you know where to buy Just the clamp(u-bolt and the two piece clamp) please post a link.

mast clamp.jpg

ra7850

I have searched hi and low for this type of antenna mast clamp, I have googled everything I could think of and the only place I can find this type of clamp is in a Hardware Kit from channelmaster. I want to buy just the clamp, if you know where to buy Just the clamp(u-bolt and the two piece clamp) please post a link.

View attachment 81145

Here's a similar clamp.

Robert

Attachments

• channel-master-accessories-cm-9017-64_1000.jpg
    channel-master-accessories-cm-9017-64_1000.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 2

phask

Premium Subscriber

View attachment 81145

All are very similar

There are others - Google
U-Bolt and Nest

Looks like a Channel Master 9017

digitalanalog

digitalanalog

All are very similar

There are others - Google
U-Bolt and Nest

Looks like a Channel Master 9017
No, see the red arrow, this has to be part of the clamp.
that part of the clamp goes around the mast part of the antenna so when mounted it does not smash the square tube part of the antenna.
mast clampwitharrow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.