New Antenna on CN/WC Waukesha, WI Subdivision

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I noticed this new antenna along the CN/WC Waukesha, WI Subdivision at MP. I know there is one similar to this one about mile and half north. I am trying to get to upload but its not uploading.

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
New Antenna Photo

Sorry about this, I think I finally figured out how to get a photo on this forum.

Attachments

• New Antenna.jpg
    New Antenna.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 570

WIscannerguy24

Premium Subscriber
I believe these antennas are being put up to improve radio coverage and also maybe going to be utilized when the railroad switches to narrowband frequencies or NEXEDGE

stevelton

I beleive they are 220mHz antennas for PTC. Locally, Norfolk Southern Built a new Wye. The Wye complex is a form of CTC, but the rest of the line is ABS and Track Warrent. Since these CTC signals are absolute, then if a train passes a restricting indication, it stops the train (in theory).
Steven

stevelton

Im not seeing any new licenses in the db for the ptc antennas here. Is that going to license by rule? Anyone know. I might go out with the signal stalker to find what 220the freq.s its transmitting on.

stevelton

no kind of beacon from the wayside bases? Even if there are no transceivers on the locomotives yet, if the wayside bases were on and ready, you would think it would be transmitting something.

stevelton

If there is a base antenna, Im sure there is a radio connected to it. I am equally sure that the base radio is housed inside an equipment shed next to the CP, hence the term wayside base. It is a base radio next to the right-of-way.

Eventually, as PTC is developed, the wayside base will start to transmit whatever data it needs to transmit. At that time I will do a sweep with the scanner to try to find what frequencies the base transmitter is transmitting on.

stevelton

I have an r2d2 brain. I expect to hear a noise that most people would think sound like digital buzzing of some kind. My r2d2 brain will decode it and I will know where every train in america is...

ak4fn

70Emrl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.