New Antenna Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billfx

I am thinking of replaceing my Diamond D130 discone. Most of my listening is in the 800mhz range, with some also in the 400mhz range. Any suggestions as to a replacement antenna. Was thinking of a Scantenna, or a DPD productions 118-1000 MHz Scanner LP Model Antenna. Suggestions????

tilleyhat

I wonder how far the 800's system you want to listen to. But in my case, the scantenna fails to catch the 800's trunked system at 45 miles far from my house. I should fill in this scantenna "800s blind hole" with a wilson's yagi. all other bands are perfect with scantenna.

mrdinks

Go with the one from DPD you will not be sorry. I just got one and this is a Cadillac, unless you want a Pinto.

btritch

I'm using a scantenna for the digital statewide system in arkansas and I'm getting three out of four tower sites in my area that are 700/800 MHZ...The scantenna doesn't work really what I'd call GREAT on the 700/800/900 bands, But it's GREAT on the VHF HI 150-170 range area, I'm hearing places that are 60 miles away, Clear as a bell, No problems, Not sure about 400 MHZ trunked systems, I've got two in my area right here in town and they're coming in very well also...If I were you and you weren't trying to pick something up extremely far off in the 800 band I'd go with a scantenna..If you're looking towards the 800 band and it's close, it should still be ok, But if it's farther off and it's in one direction and not a WAN (Wide Area Network) then you should be ok..If it is and there's one specific area you want to monitor, I'd shoot for an 800 mhz yagi!! i don't own one but I hear a LOT of GREAT things about it as with the scantenna, I've heard lots of great things about Both! That would be my first suggestion, My first choice as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.