New Anytone D878UVII and a PLUS version

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8FNR

Another gripe, if I may...the CPS software and my computer (Dell Inspirion Win10) do not get along. I am still awaiting a response from Bridgecom on the matter. I have tried everything, no go.

Ask about your issue in these Anytone Facebook groups. I bet that someone can help;

KB9ZB

New radio has a green button on top. Only difference I see appearance size. Boy I hope the new 578 has a bigger display and removable control head.
We are all waiting for the detachable head. From what oi have ascertained they have nothing in works, just the Bluetooth currently option the radio has currently. I know there is a big demand for this option ( me included) but thus far no-one has that option in a recent release radio.

skelzer

Premium Subscriber
We are all waiting for the detachable head. From what oi have ascertained they have nothing in works, just the Bluetooth currently option the radio has currently. I know there is a big demand for this option ( me included) but thus far no-one has that option in a recent release radio.

Until last week, the latest model in the US was the D578UVIII PRO.... however, a PLUS version literally just hit the shelves. Only change in features over the Pro version is that it adds Analog APRS RX and Air Band RX. Unfortunately no mention of a detachable head.

csmith423

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, apologies if I'm hijacking your thread. I recently purchased a D878UV Plus with Bluetooth. I'm in Canada, but had to purchase from US dealer as at the time of purchase it was not avail here. Great radio, easy to set up using a custom code plug but as I get familliar with it, I realise I may be missing some features.
I tried to adjust the squelch on the radio, and for the life of me could not find any settings! When I select menu key and Radio, I only have 4 menu selections. Various YouTube videos show users radios that have as many as 21 menu selections.

What am I missing? How do I access the rest of the menu?

BTW, I am using the radio for analogue only.

Thanks in advance for your help.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, apologies if I'm hijacking your thread. I recently purchased a D878UV Plus with Bluetooth. I'm in Canada, but had to purchase from US dealer as at the time of purchase it was not avail here. Great radio, easy to set up using a custom code plug but as I get familliar with it, I realise I may be missing some features.
I tried to adjust the squelch on the radio, and for the life of me could not find any settings! When I select menu key and Radio, I only have 4 menu selections. Various YouTube videos show users radios that have as many as 21 menu selections.

What am I missing? How do I access the rest of the menu?

BTW, I am using the radio for analogue only.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you have the radio in Amateur Mode or Professional Mode? A lot of features go away when you use Professional Mode.

csmith423

Premium Subscriber
You need to open the CPS on your computer and look at the settings. I don't have the CPS in front of me on this computer, but there will be a setting to change between Professional Mode and Amateur Mode.
Found it
Changed to Amateur mode

I now have a LOT more menu items!

Thank you very much! I would have been looking for days!

K7HUT

now K7HUT (2m/70cm) / WRJA503 (GMRS)
so if I understand correctly, switching to Professional mode, will put the radio into a Part 90 type approval state?
Interesting!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Just saw where the Anytone AT-D578UVIII Plus will soon have a Bluetooth hand mic… no mic cord and a larger display than the radio’s front plate! It’s supposedly in beta testing-a few of them are in the field. So far some minor bugs have been found. No word on release date (late spring or early summer ‘22) or price.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Just saw where the Anytone AT-D578UVIII Plus will soon have a Bluetooth hand mic… no mic cord and a larger display than the radio’s front plate! It’s supposedly in beta testing-a few of them are in the field. So far some minor bugs have been found. No word on release date (late spring or early summer ‘22) or price.

Where did you see this at? Do you have a link?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
The owner of Connect Systems, Jerry, contacted Anytone asking about a remote head. I believe he offered to help in the design stages because he wanted to add it as another radio he could pair up with his BFD. Jerry said Anytone had no plans for a remote head. I’m guessing the BT mic with its larger display was what they were aiming at instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.