New Anytone D878UVII and a PLUS version

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
Anytone is shipping the new D878UVII and D878UVII Plus. Connect Systems sent out an email to its customers in the last few days announcing same and limited availability later this month, but their website does not yet have a picture of the unit. A picture and a bit of information appears on an Italian website -- ANYTONE AT-878 UV II -- for what it is worth.

WE4B

I got that email last night. It will be interesting to read some reviews once they get into the hands of some users.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Connect Systems site says the new radio will look different. The picture on the Italian site looks the same as the current 878. We wait and see what comes.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Connect Systems has sent out another email today (Saturday) with some more info and photos.

AT-D878UVII Plus has the following enhancements:

APRS Analog Rx
More memory for more contacts

If you would like to purchase one of these radios, Connect Systems is now taking orders. The AT-D878UVII cost $219 and the AT-D878UVII PLUS cost $299. They expect to have stock about the end of the week. If the store says out of stock, they have used up the inventory they received.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgspec 4.png

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
New radio has a green button on top. Only difference I see appearance size. Boy I hope the new 578 has a bigger display and removable control head.

W6VVM

HRO says they’ve got these in stock. Thinking about cruising up to Anaheim and grabbing one this week. Anyone play with one yet?

I’ve never used an AnyTone before but the reviews in general seem great. Currently my only “promiscuous” mode HT is an Ailunce HD1 and I haven’t been very happy with it. In Promiscuous mode the radio still seems to respect the time slot which is inconvenient, and, I’m probably just spoiled by my XPR7550e but man that Ailunce is deaf compared to my Moto. I could literally have the 7550e on the floor of the car driving down the street picking up clear voice, and the HD1 held out the sunroof just barely receiving. But I digress...

Looking forward to Bluetooth audio, dual time slot promiscuous mode, and hoping for better sensitivity than my Ailunce.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Well, if it is anything like the 878UV Plus it will be a great little radio. I have had a lot of HTs over the years and I have to say that the 878UV Plus stands up to several of the mainstream HTs in the industry. My only gripe is the lack of extended receive. If it had the extended receive of the VX-7R, the rugged build of the iCom IV-86, and the reliability of the FT-60 it would be the best ht in my collection.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Looking forward to Bluetooth audio, dual time slot promiscuous mode, and hoping for better sensitivity than my Ailunce.

The receive on my 878UV plus is almost on par with my 7550e radios, which arguably have the hottest receivers on the market...perhaps ever.

The Anytones are very good radios for amateur radio, and have a lot of great features. I don't think you will be disappointed.

PACNWDude

The receive on my 878UV plus is almost on par with my 7550e radios, which arguably have the hottest receivers on the market...perhaps ever.

The Anytones are very good radios for amateur radio, and have a lot of great features. I don't think you will be disappointed.
I'll second that. And other users, with the Anytone mimicking a Motorola Talk Permit tone, can't tell which radio I am using, Anyton AT-D878UV/XPR6550/XPR7550e. Receive is the same to my ear, just not to test equipment. My Anytone receives about 0.25uv (on VHF), while the Motorola's are about 0.18uv (on VHF). Close enough to not notice the difference without test equipment.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
The Btech DMR-6x2 is basically the same radio as the 878. It will not RX APRS. APRS TX works on analog just fine. For digital, I think you have to be on a Brandmeister system. It also has a feature where you can track another radio, but this works only on simplex digital. I really like this radio. I kinda wish it did Bluetooth like the AnyTone AT-D878UV PLUS, but I'm not going to cry over it. :D BTECH DMR-6X2 – BaoFeng Radios

Astrak

The Btech DMR-6x2 is basically the same radio as the 878. It will not RX APRS. APRS TX works on analog just fine. For digital, I think you have to be on a Brandmeister system. It also has a feature where you can track another radio, but this works only on simplex digital. I really like this radio. I kinda wish it did Bluetooth like the AnyTone AT-D878UV PLUS, but I'm not going to cry over it. :D BTECH DMR-6X2 – BaoFeng Radios
The Btech is based on the 868, you can track another radio over a repeater.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Another gripe, if I may...the CPS software and my computer (Dell Inspirion Win10) do not get along. I am still awaiting a response from Bridgecom on the matter. I have tried everything, no go.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Another gripe, if I may...the CPS software and my computer (Dell Inspirion Win10) do not get along. I am still awaiting a response from Bridgecom on the matter. I have tried everything, no go.
On Win 10 Pro, I have to run my 878 CPS on Administrator. I have to right click on the icon and select "Run As Administrator" otherwise, it won't run.
ETA: If that works for you, then you can right click on the icon and go to "properties" click on "shortcut" click on the "advanced" rectangle and under "Advanced Properties" click the check next to "All ways run as Administrator". If this works for you to begin with, you will be able to just click on the icon and it will open.
If your AV is not letting it open, you may have to "white list" it to get the AV to recognize that it is an OK program to run. I had to do that with Echo Link.

Last edited:

n7dmr

I got the new version with APRS receive. However, I am disappointed with the APRS decoding. A lot of perfect transmit didn't get decoded. Not sure why

cliffr39

Yeah I'm having a difficult time with APRS on mine too (the mark II). Also it doesn't hit repeaters that I can with the Kenwood d74a

n7dmr

Yeah I'm having a difficult time with APRS on mine too (the mark II). Also it doesn't hit repeaters that I can with the Kenwood d74a
I don't have problem hitting the repeater with my older version. I have not try transmit using my version II. I'll test it this weekend to see how well is it for APRS transmit.

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
I have had the newest version for about a month. I love the radio except it looses contact with the repeater after I call into a net. Many times it get the horrible bonk sound. I have to use my MD380 or Droid Star to hear the reply. It does this will all five repeaters that are in my area. Yesterday I ordered a Nagoya antenna to see if that fixes the problem over the stock antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.