New AOR 7400 Airband Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It's puzzling. An analog AM scanner, how difficult can it be? Granted it's 4 in 1 but still. :sleep:

It appears they've had a prototype our for some time now. I'd love to get my hands on one!

1597943634794.png

1597944063502.png

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Only 1 antenna input, ugh. Seems a receiver like this deserves separate inputs.

Absolutely considering it's VHF & UHF. I don't know of too many good dual band aircraft antennas. You'd have to use two antennas with a diplexer which I'd consider to be a compromise on what is suppose to be a professional scanner.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Hopefully it's better than just 4 average receivers.

I am really liking my very sensitive R-30 for airband, with dual receive. Maybe I'll buy 1 more. Then I'll have 4 receivers with 2 antenna inputs and forget the AOR. 😀

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully it's better than just 4 average receivers.

I am really liking my very sensitive R-30 for airband, with dual receive. Maybe I'll buy 1 more. Then I'll have 4 receivers with 2 antenna inputs and forget the AOR. 😀

Probably less expensive too! (y)

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Holy cool radio, Batman! I would but the 7400 in a flash. And deal with the antenna issue later.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I feel like the price will be an order of magnitude higher than what we think it would be worth.

I agree, like most AOR radios very pricey.

I commented in a related thread I'd opt for four Uniden BCT15X in a 4-slot SpectrumForce desktop mount. Much better display and greater flexibility.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
I am sure it will be pricey! IF it ever physically appears! Like a lot of things, a good concept but probably not developed with a lot of input from eventual users.

grenner

Premium Subscriber
I was looking around the net and ran across the Jacobs Breda radio store in the Netherlands showing the 7400 selling for € 2995.00 and saying it will show up in 2021. That is really expensive for an air band radio.

prcguy

A commercial or military Discone would be a good antenna for this radio covering both bands with one feedline or there are some military/commercial dual air band but dual antenna port models that show up surplus. I have an Antenna Products DPV39 and I use a Comet CF-142 diplexer with it when I used to feed some military radios. This diplexer only has a few tenths of a dB loss and a perfect cutoff point for separating a VHF air and UHF air band antenna. I replaced the PL-259s on the diplexer pig tails with N type to match the military equipment.

Absolutely considering it's VHF & UHF. I don't know of too many good dual band aircraft antennas. You'd have to use two antennas with a diplexer which I'd consider to be a compromise on what is suppose to be a professional scanner.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I was looking around the net and ran across the Jacobs Breda radio store in the Netherlands showing the 7400 selling for € 2995.00 and saying it will show up in 2021. That is really expensive for an air band radio.

They must be planning on selling it to the Pentagon! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.