new AOR AR7400

Status
Not open for further replies.

fires999

Evening,
As always guys some outstanding replies !!!!!...I remember late 80's early 90's I loved looking at the AOR range with switchable AM/FM perfect for me as Fire Service I worked for was low band at 70mhz AM with next county 70mhz FM , a scanner that could switch between both , no more fuzzy reception !!!!
But alas , they seem to produce a not so huge range AOR 1000 , AOR 3000A then the range seem to curtail and think they've been playing catch up ever since. Was looking forward to the 7400 now that I squirt water & foam for USAF here in the UK and my listening sways towards UHF Military Airband.........
But thanks so much for advice, experience and your expert knowledge - means alot.
Fires 999 (East of England)

palmerjrusa

For those following the saga; the closing of many repair facilities, the botched 5700 introduction, the 7400 disappearance, and several firmware update snafus for the DV1, would seem to indicate something along the lines of a slow-motion Titanic disaster.

I wish them well, but happier days appear long past.

I'll be surprised if the 7400 ever shows up in the marketplace...

kinglou0

I'll be surprised if the 7400 ever shows up in the marketplace...

I’d be even more surprised if AOR stays in the “pro”-sumer market for much longer. There’s no upside for them to continue to keep selling watered down “lower” priced products that they half-ass.

AOR has and will always be about the nearly unlimited government money controlled by people who know little about the items they’re purchasing. Those are easy people to satisfy.

“Did the model number match what I ordered and did it get to where it needed to go?”

Those purchasing agents aren’t going to be blasting AOR on Facebook, RR, or wherever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.