New ArcPatrol Version 2.02 Build 1 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

BuTel has released the new version of ArcPatrol for the HP1E... The Virtual Control app is now killer..... Along with full function of the scanner main screen, it displays a real time log of all received transmissions that includes Data (freq), Channel Tag, Subtone, System, Department, Database, Hitcount, Signal,Mode,Time, Date and duration. I haven't even looked at the main part of the App to see what's new there, but I know this was the release to support the new Nationwide data....

Note to Gommert: Minor issue - It would be nice if the log retained last column widths set by user... Thanks for the new version though, it's a great addition to the HP1!

Attachments

• hp1earcpatrol.jpg
    hp1earcpatrol.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:

rwier

BuTel has released the new version of ArcPatrol for the HP1E... .............................................

I saw this yesterday, I think. Went to the site and tried the download, but could find no reference to the HP-1 or HP-1 (E) on the site or in the software. Will try again.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Rob

rcool101

Feed Provider
Virtual Control

Question,...does all the Extreme functions work on virtual control? (eyesight) I'm not blind but that small print can be tough when you get in your mid fifties. Its a deal breaker. Reading glasses work but it don't beat putting you scanners up on a second wide screen monitor

OCO

Question,...does all the Extreme functions work on virtual control? (eyesight) I'm not blind but that small print can be tough when you get in your mid fifties. Its a deal breaker. Reading glasses work but it don't beat putting you scanners up on a second wide screen monitor
No,main screen only, not the menu screens.....

OCO

Ran the HP1 all night with the VC logging - already see things to drop from the Favorite that I'm using here..
I already have a wish list for Gommert - along with the previously mentioned column width one, it'd really be nice to be able to sort by column (without having to export the .CSV file) and also it's be nice to be able to scroll the list with the roller wheel type mouse - but the log is really a great addition as is!

n9mfk

HI All,
I have been using the new VC what are 3 A for on the right side of vc screen
for?
thanks Beau

OCO

HI All,
I have been using the new VC what are 3 A for on the right side of vc screen
for?
thanks Beau

Setting avoids at each level (if you hover over some of the components, it'll give you a function.) Not sure how you'd unavoid something using the VC sine you need to bring up the Avoid menu to do it..

OCO

Mike, yes the link that says " ARC PATROL V2.0 for Uniden HP1 (requires firmware V2)" will start the download for the new version. Unfortunately the zip file is also named the same as the previous (it's always nice when they put a version number step on download package so that you can keep them all...).

OCO

Column width is saved, I cant duplicate that problem. I will make a note about sorting.
The HP1 has a built in recorder, we have no plans to add this to Virtual control.

Gommert
Butel Software

Gommert:
I believe I caused the column width problem - the first time I used it, I must have closed the ArcPatrol app without first closing the Virtual Control window..Sorting would be a nice addition, it would almost eliminate the need, at least for me, to have to export to a .csv file, as that's what I have to do now to sort it..

Understand your comment on recording, I don't think audio is in the same datastream you use for remote control. I wish Uniden would add the ability to select specific channels for recording as an option, or selective output of audio on the line out..

Again, thanks for the great update!

n9mfk

hi Gommert,
I love the change to the vc an the logging
as for the recording i known the recording on the scanner
but it wood be nice to be able to have the recording on the pc so you could match it to the log
beau

Last edited:

OCO

Virtual Control not logging "Unknown" talkgroups

Gommert:
Someone posted a comment elsewhere, but I can't find it now.....

I'm monitoring an EDACS TRS (Florida, Pasco County, Pasco County Public Services) with some "unknown" talkgroups popping up. I would expect them to be logged with "Unknown" in the Data field, but they're not showing up at all.
Edit: I've verified that the "Unknowns" are displaying on the VC screen, just not logging....

Last edited:

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Having some trouble .. downloaded the new version 2.02 .. loads fine, choose virtual control .. VC screen comes up, the port shows as usb/com3 .. click start, nothing happens ... if I choose "select" for the port, it says com failure check usb port .. any suggestions ?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Is com3 the correct port? If there are more ports listed try a different port or open windows device manager to lookup the hp1 port number. Also make sure the HP1 is in serial port mode and that you installed the hp1 driver.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.