new area new systems, got to love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

USNgreen

so i just recently moved to norfolk VA not to long ago, im stationed here till i finish my pipeline for my rate, but i recently got my old BCT8 sent up to me and i started off with the motorola type II for the city system and got it programed in about 10 mins. but now im working on the naval base's system.

Eastern Virginia Regional Communications Trunking System, Various, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

there is the link to the freq's. iv never encounterd a system like this. it has 800 freqs but also UHF freqs. i was attempting to program it in my radio as a motorola type II UHF. if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
See that system voice? It says..

APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

The BCT8 won't handle it. That requires a digital trunktracker to handle. You can read up on all the current models by looking at our wiki main page, go down on the right about 2/3 of the way, look for a yellow box called 'Popular Topics'. Click on 'Digital Trunktrackers'

You should also be aware that many 400 mhz UHF systems are being migrated down to the 380 mhz area. You can see if this system is still active by programming only the red and/or blue freqs, and listening for the characteristic BRAAAAT sound - that's the control channel. If/When this system migrates, you will need a digital trunktracker that can trunk in this range. The BC250, 785, PRO-96 and 2096 CANNOT trunktrack here.

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.