New Atascosa Co Submission - Poteet PD Freq ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael-SATX

I just saw a new RRDB submission posted today that Lindsay worked 7/8/14 ...

I believe someone heard the new La Vernia PD 154.8075 that is licensed to La Vernia, Wilson Co
and thought it was the Poteet PD in Atascosa Co ? Seems strange they would share freqs ?

I can park my Pro-197 on 154.8075 and I only hear La Vernia PD P25 with NAC = 555, not NAC= 293 !!!

So would it be possible for some Atascosa Co area folks to sit on this freq and investigate it's validity ?

Texas freq search on 154.8075 comes back to only La Vernia PD and NOT to Poteet PD in Atascosa Co !

So are there any other Confirmed Observations from anyone else with boots on the ground ?

See below, listen and post back when you have analized traffic :

Poteet ( new DB post seen today) ( I don't see an FCC Lic, hmm )

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
154.80750 BM 293 NAC Poteet PD Police Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch

La Vernia (confirmed post from Wilson Co last month )

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
154.80750 WQTT694 RM 555 NAC La Vernia PD Police P25 Law Dispatch

Last edited:

Michael-SATX

What freq does the Poteet PD in Atascosa Co, TX use ???

What freq does the Poteet PD in Atascosa Co, TX use to communicate ???

Does Poteet even have there own PD or does the Atascosa Co SO serve that city as the law, etc ?

Or perhaps the Poteet PD just uses the Atascosa Co SO's Poteet Repeater on 155.6175 NAC=293 P25 ?

The reason I asked was to try again after almost a year to clear up the wrong information in the RR DB.
Just last weekend I was out that way and monitored several comms on 154.8075 NAC=555 P25, etc.
After several addresses given out on calls and names of businesses given for Police Dispatch type calls,
there is NO DOUBT that 154.8075 NAC 555 is painfully obvious as ONLY La Vernia PD in Wilson Co, TX !
Heck one simple click on their FCC Callsign of "WQTT694 " lists only La Vernia PD and NOT the Poteet PD.
Their signal is very strong and I can be driving around San Antonio and receive on a scanners duck antenna !

I say now that RR member "2101" New Berlin VFD Chief Kurt Strey is back maybe he can chime in to clarify ;)

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Mike it is definitely wrong thats for sure. I have been going through the Atascosa FCC records and Grants to see if I can find a clear winner. Poteet does indeed have their own Police force, I used to hear them running drivers all night and answering calls in the potato area. Normally I heard them on Atascosa SO 155.1225 but I know they had a Tac channel for talk around.

NC5267

I can confirm that La Verina PD is on 154.8075 NAC 555 which is patched to the Wilson County SO digital on 155.6625. Was out there last week and heard La Vernia dispatched to the the high school for a call, I can also pick this repeater up strong all the way up here in Selma. As far as Poteet the do have their own PD and are dispatched by Atascosa SO as stated above they do have a "back" channel or talk channel whatever you want to call it.

Michael-SATX

Thanks Wayne and Mark for re-enforcing that the RR DB is incorrectly listing Poteet PD on 154.8074 N=555.
So it won't be to long before an admin feels compelled to make this needed correction so locals may benefit.
Think of an HP-1 end user out in Poteet and having to put up with hearing La Vernia PD in next county over instead.
So Wayne any luck with FCC License searches for Poteet City ? I just see Atascosa Co listings so far,etc.
Perhaps we can share what RID's and Officer number prefixes and listen for them on service searches to ID CH.
Back in the old analog days does anybody remember if they were ever on 155.9550 ? No Lic for Poteet on freq now.
OK, maybe some lucky listenning on Atascosa Co SO-1 155.1225 NAC=293 will hear a dispatch or verbal reference
to a back channel for comms ? Also, toss in some Close Call and Service Searching too. So Happy Hunting & Thanks ;)

Hmm, I wonder if Poteet uses as a Back CH 151.31750 WNCR650 RM 293 NAC AtasCo FD 2D Fire/EMS (Poteet) ?
It would be like Wilson Co SO/FD using their CH-2 of 155.5500 PL-203.5 ? I doubt they are using an old Texas Law-1,2 or 3 ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.