New audio ads injected into my feed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
1.They are not buying scanners.
2.They are not contributing to our hobby.
3.The internet is not free.
4.You may not like the cost that is being paid by the advertisers.

What? Who are you talking about?

I don't understand you. Seriously.. Not trying to be a jerk..

Anyway.. As a decade long feed provider, I'm willing to pay a monthly fee to keep my feed ad free for my listeners. I'm still happy otherwise.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The listeners with cell phones are not supporting the hobby they need to have some type of skin in the game.
The scanner hobby gets 0 dollars from cell phone listeners. Buying scanners is what keeps up the R&D and we get new scanner features.
I have been buying scanners and listening to scanners for 50 years.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Back to my OP. I would still pay monthly to have a "premium feed" without ads to my listeners. I hope this can be an option soon. I'd rather not subdue my listeners to ads. And if I now have to pay for that, so be it.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
I understand your point man.. But as a feed provider, maybe I should have the option to pay broadcastify directly $5 -$10 or whatever a month to host my stream ad free.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what the ads pay but it could be $50 or more a month and if you look at radio stations ads that run 5 times a day costing over $1000 a month in a market of 30,000 people well you get my point and we both have our own opinion and thats ok.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Not sure what the ads pay but it could be $50 or more a month and if you look at radio stations ads that run 5 times a day costing over $1000 a month in a market of 30,000 people well you get my point and we both have our own opinion and thats ok.
I don't care if they make a million dollars a day off my feed, they host it.. I really just provide my feed for myself and other locals who need breaking, life saving info, which is invaluable. One 30sec startup ad on a non-subscriber scanner play start up I understand, like I said, its cool, but are they going to to start running ads every halfhour over my main stream?? I don't object to it, but I'd like to have an option to pay $$$ to NOT subject my listeners to ad's. I understand apps may be doing it themselves, which may be my issue. I'm listening to Radio Scanner Pro on my phone and heard 3 ads so far, on my own feed lol.. Starting Tonight. Hey it is what it is. I just want the option to pay cash to keep advertisers off my main broadcastify stream. Heck, even if I was just a listener, I would want that option!

Last edited:

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Are you sure you are logged in your pro app that has been found to cause pro users to hear ads
Yes 100% sure. I only have the scanner radio pro app installed, which I paid for and have had for years... Had 3 ads so far tonight.. Maybe they just testing them..

rcool101

Feed Provider
Because I don't listen to my feed all the time, I asked my neighbor (who listens to it constantly) if she ever hears ads. She just told me...Never and neither have I. First I've heard of that.....I use Scanner Radio Pro android. Home I use ScannerLive. My neighbor uses Scanner Radio for iPhone

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I asked my neighbor (who listens to it constantly) if she ever hears ads. She just told me...Never and neither have I. First I've heard of that.....

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
There was a bug in Scanner Radio causing ads to play for some - that's been fixed. You shouldn't be hearing ads in the Scanner Radio app.

We've also now making sure that we don't deliver any ads in any official feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.