New Audio Feed - Jersey City Public Safety (P25 Trunked System)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Got a new feed up and running. Comments and suggestions welcome.
tags_avail.gif
Jersey City Public Safety (P25 Trunked System)

SCPD

QRT
Yes, the system is up and running. I am picking up P25 radio traffic for all 4 districts. (N,S,W & E). I have not caught any FD activity yet.
And what does that have to do with MDC-1200? which is a different data protocol that P25:roll:?.

K2YYN

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hi Ken,

I monitored the stream for about 5 minutes and all I hear is a low audio hum that goes on and off. May be audio cable was swapped?

Thanks
D

SCPD

QRT
CQDX,

I did switch out an audio cable earlier Saturday afternoon about 1:00 PM (EDT). I just listened (Sun 5/2 11:20 AM EDT) to the feed via a lap top and I do not hear an intermittent hum. Keep me appraised though..

Thanks

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Well the feed is offline as of 2246L 5/2/10, I suppose it was OP's intention.

Will keep checking on the feed!

SCPD

QRT
Yes the feed was down over night was having problems with my router. Power supply (wall bug transformer) for router had to be replaced. Feed has been up now foe about 6 hours.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
The feed sounds great Ken! Keep up with the great work

SCPD

QRT
Yes, the system is up and running. I am picking up P25 radio traffic for all 4 districts. (N,S,W & E). I have not caught any FD activity yet.
And what does that have to do with MDC-1200? which is a different data protocol that P25:roll:?.

K2YYN

I thought the data bursts were muted on P25 systems.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I thought the data bursts were muted on P25 systems.

MDC1200 should not even be transmitted from a radio over P25 trunked system. MDC1200 is a analog signaling protocol. The only time you would hear MDC1200 over a P25 system is when the talkgroup is patched to an analog channel. I have heard such feed before (Not Jersey City)

SCPD

QRT
MDC1200 should not even be transmitted from a radio over P25 trunked system. MDC1200 is a analog signaling protocol. The only time you would hear MDC1200 over a P25 system is when the talkgroup is patched to an analog channel. I have heard such feed before (Not Jersey City)

Then I am not sure what I am hearing then. Maybe some of the UHF analog?

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you were hearing Jersey City Fire Department? They are using UHF analog with lots of MDC1200.

SCPD

QRT
Jersey City Public Safety (P25 Trunked System)

On occasion a P25 transmission may sound garbled and "MDC like" but its not the same. I also checked the scanner to see if was monitoring any other (analog) frequencies or groups. I am not monitoring any of the standard analog repeaters including fire. The are other feeds in Hudson County covering the JCFD analog frequencies and repeaters. This feed is only monitoring the talk groups listed on the feed information page.

Thanks,

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
What a night, first single shot fired 20 mins ago, now someone fired a M-16 rifle shots on the street...

..and it's not even full moon yet.

SCPD

QRT
JC P25 Feed Up Again!

My Jersey City Public Safety P25 Trunked System Feed is back ON LINE.
tags_avail.gif
Jersey City Public Safety (P25 Trunked System) We had an recent Windows security update that threw off my firewall and anti-virus programs that took a day and half to figure out...kinda unusual..but the good news we are up and running now.

Thanks for your patience:D!

SCPD

QRT
Jersey City P25 Feed to Discontinued!

To my Jersey City P25 Trunked System audio feed listeners.

Unfortunately, I will be discontinuing this feed ON or BEFORE May 23, 2010.

I have been pressed in to service to supply a new feed for local municipal Emergency Management to which I am a member.

Sorry for the short life on this feed, but thanks for listening.

I hope someone soon perhaps closer to Jersey City with the time and additional scanning equipment/computer could pick up this feed anew.

K2YYN:(

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Could someone please pick up the slack and put up this feed .

Status
Not open for further replies.