New AWIN Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanning-NWA

I often listen to my portable Bearcat BCD325P2 AWIN scanner, on my lunch break at work, in my car. I have been hearing the following new talk groups that come up as not found in the database. Anyone have further information on these?:
52834 (always scrambled)

k5kvn

I've seen a couple of those pop up on the Rogers and Benton County simulcast towers. Been waiting to get a bit more confirmation before submitting to database. Here's what I have confirmed via verbal ID by stations testing the radios:

3141 is Siloam Springs Fire Dispatch
3157 is Siloam Springs Police Dispatch

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
314X will be SSFD.... Should be at least 2 tacs, possibly a training TG, and admin? Upper 315X and into 316X will be SSPD, should be also at least an car to car, tactical, CID. Possibly a training TG. In the 52XXX possibly County TG's.

wbswetnam

The newest updates to the AWIN DB are wrong. Siloam Springs is in Benton County, not Baxter County.

jjfmetal123

Also what radio do i need to listen to these new talk groups? looks like most i will be listening to are TDMA

k5kvn

The database has the new Benton County talk groups. You’ll see a section in the AWIN page named “Benton County Public Safety Talkgroups” -- those are the new ones. Depending on where you live, you should be able to hear them on the Benton County Simulcast towers and/or Springdale Simulcast towers.

You‘ll need a radio that can receive P25 Phase II. I hope this is helpful. Happy scanning!

jjfmetal123

Ok so if I buy a p25 phase II radio, do I just program the talk groups in and I'm good to go? Or do I need some AWIN Id or license before I can listen to local EMS? Thanks

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Ok so if I buy a p25 phase II radio, do I just program the talk groups in and I'm good to go? Or do I need some AWIN Id or license before I can listen to local EMS? Thanks

You do not have to buy from this company (though they are sponsors of RadioReference and a reputable company) but I am sharing this link simply for information - these are P25 Phase II (two) capable scanners that will work with AWIN for a good while (AWIN is being upgraded to Phase II now so no use buying an older Phase I scanner at this point).

Digital P25 Phase II Scanners

Hope that helps.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Now if you want to spend thousands on an system capable radio... Better damn well know what your doing programming it to never affiliate, never transmit etc. Unless you are an athorized user on the AWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.