New AWIN Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjfmetal123

You need a P25 Phase 2 capable scanner or a Unication G4 or G5 to monitor.
Thanks! These radios ain't cheap! I liked my cheap a$$ baofeng had one in every room lol. So far it looks like the cheapest radio i can find that is p25 phase II is $399

jjfmetal123

Now if you want to spend thousands on an system capable radio... Better damn well know what your doing programming it to never affiliate, never transmit etc. Unless you are an athorized user on the AWIN
I definitely don't know what the hell im doing right now anyway, I just wanna listen to local EMS

jjfmetal123

$450 Uniden BCD436HP or $399 Uniden BCD325P2
I will probably only listen to 2 or 3 channels which one would you pick? Thanks

dogtowndrums

Feed Provider
According to the db that's in the range of the talkgroups for MEMS, though it isn't specifically listed in the db.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I saw that the address was in that block, and it definitely sounded like MEMS dispatch was communicating on the TG at times (it gave me flashbacks). I'm kind of piecing some stuff together here, but I'm going to give it a closer listen during these snow days while I'm sitting here beside the computer that is running SDRTrunk.

Shortly after I left MEMS, I remember that they were working on a system for the NLR stations that, at the time, were 24 hour stations that were running all day and much of the night. When they added BLS trucks that were running minor emergencies, it made more sense to monitor a radio during the daylight hours instead of depending on dispatch to telephone the northside stations. They started having the trucks north of the river monitor another TG during the day (maybe MEMS 4, MEMS 5, operations, or a supervisor channel). Dispatch would hail on that TG, and the trucks would reply and switch to MEMS 1 to be dispatched. This kept the north side trucks out of the din of radio traffic that the 12 hour city trucks were listening to all day and night. That's probably what this TG is. This is just a theory, but I believe it to be a sound one. This is something that I might be able to verify.

In other news, I've been hearing traffic on one of the old mystery TGs. 44711 in the Pulaski Co block sounds like it is road crews either plowing or treating some of the main running roads out in the county (Burlingame, old Kanis, etc). They're not using unit numbers, only first names, and it sounds like they're organizationally a complete cluster****.

Scanning-NWA

I often listen to my portable Bearcat BCD325P2 AWIN scanner, on my lunch break at work, in my car. I have been hearing the following new talk groups that currently come up as not found in the database. This is listenning on the Rogers, Benton County Simulcast and Springdale Simculcast sites. Anyone have further information on these?:

52834 (possibly Springdale Channel C? - scrambled)
52837 - scrambled
3078 - scrambled
3085 - Fire channel?
3067 - scrambled

Status
Not open for further replies.