New BC346XT Very Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

I received my new BC346XT today from Scanner Master (Thank You). They are excellent and shipping was free and super fast. Anyway using freescan I was able to upload 50 conventional frequencies with alpha tags and get the scanner up and running within an hour after opening the box. I had a comport issue but figured it out, everything else went smoothly. This is an excellent scanner, "the best I have ever used anyway". I also got a Watson 801 Gainer antenna with the scanner and it seems to be pulling in stations great. I have a few questions if some could answer them for me.

1. My firmware is showing 1.4, is this the latest? and if not should I upgrade it?
2. I see no squelch setting, is it automatic or can it be adjusted? It's working fine the way it is.
3. Is the Watson 801 gainer antenna a good combo to this scanner?

Thanks Uniden for making such a great product. And ditto's to Scanner Master for your excellent service.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Hey Dave, its really wild on these "Threads", one says "I HATE THE DESIGN OF THIS RADIO"!!, the next one says " I LUV THIS RADIO" well i side with the lover because im as dumb as a box of rocks with software so i programmed all my Unidens by hand and i luv it...I know these scanners in and out and being retired have great fun doing the programming....Mr Opitz has been a great help in solving problems on these boards and the products are better than ever .....Ron in Joliet

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
By programming it by hand you learnt more about the radio so if an issue arrises you probably know better how to fix it (thats the best way).

Others just dump a file into the scanner, then they get into a problem (or press a wrong key) and all of a sudden they start bashing the radio and Uniden etc etc because they didnt learn how to use the scanner or its features.

Hey Dave, its really wild on these "Threads", one says "I HATE THE DESIGN OF THIS RADIO"!!, the next one says " I LUV THIS RADIO" well i side with the lover because im as dumb as a box of rocks with software so i programmed all my Unidens by hand and i luv it...I know these scanners in and out and being retired have great fun doing the programming....Mr Opitz has been a great help in solving problems on these boards and the products are better than ever .....Ron in Joliet

mrkelso

Press Function on the top side and press the volume knob to see squelch setting

I love this Radio, I take it everywhere i go.

CStarr59

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. This scanner has so many features it would take me months to figure them all out. I've just scratched the surface and considering I've got all conventional analog frequencies, that's all I need to know. The scanner comes with a nice CD manual, it's a little confusing but still very informative and helpful. I have been using a RS Pro-137 and it is very identical in form and function to the BC346XT. And it has really helped, otherwise I'd be confused with all the features. I also tried a Maldol MH-255 antenna on the BC346XT and it is amazing how a 3" antenna can bring in such good reception. I'm picking up stuff 15-20 miles away very clearly. Overall I'm very happy with this scanner and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality trunker, or basic scanner as I'm using it for.

scannerman5555

Silent Key
I like the bc 346 xt scanner very much program by hand too work's good
" best scanner ever own " glad i went back to a bearcat scanner ...... don

a side note I'm using a RS 800 ant on it too picking up around 30+ miles on it new york city
once in a wild pick up Atlantic City N.J. trunking band has same control ch a East Hampton town Suffolk County N.Y. trunking
plus a fm radio station 107.3 fm { Country station} Wpur

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.