New BCD-396T Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreymcl

Well after getting the wrong scanner for what I wanted to monitor (Digital) I got my BCD-396T. I also have purchase the Butel Software for downloading information into my new scanner. This software appears to be a must, for me anyway.

To make thing easy on myself right now I have deleted all systems and only loaded the Grand Prairie system and groups for Police and Fire.

Now I will spend tomorrow reading the manual for the scanner. I want to load back other systems but I want to be able to dturn them off when I want to to listen to something specific. I will probably listen to Grand Prairie, TX Police and Fire 90% of the time. Only listen to other cities when I travel with the scanner. However, I would like to monitor other things like, Parkland, and Careflight. While I know careflight will be limited.

Do most people focus on something or just listen to what ever they can pick up?

STiMULi

As a new scannist you should share your listening time to everything.

1st of all always load the Public service freqs for your community but then expand your horizons. Check out Railroad, Military, Depending on access to water traffic, Nautical and Aeronautical.

I spend some time searching for stuff I have not heard of before especially in the Govt bands.

Good luck and enjoy! :)

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
STiMULi said:
As a new scannist you should share your listening time to everything.

For me scanning is a lot like watching television, change channels based on your moods. Sometimes I am interested (and have the time) to explore something new. Sometimes, I switch between areas that are familiar.

I would say most of the scannists are interested in public safety, so those frequencies are the best researched, and will be easy to get. The other advantage to local PS is that you don't have to worry about signal strength or antenna selection. Just use the duckie that came with the radio. One less thing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.