New BCD325P2 Acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyFnpowers55

Premium Subscriber
Just recently getting back into the scanner fun. I purchased a bcd325p2 from the bearcat wearhouse and it's acting funny. Sometimes, pressing the menu button or pushing down on the volume knob blanks the display, but other times it does what I think it is supposed to do (show the menu, or let me adjust the volume). Am I doing something wrong or did I get a $379 dud?

freqseeker

Just recently getting back into the scanner fun. I purchased a bcd325p2 from the bearcat wearhouse and it's acting funny. Sometimes, pressing the menu button or pushing down on the volume knob blanks the display, but other times it does what I think it is supposed to do (show the menu, or let me adjust the volume). Am I doing something wrong or did I get a $379 dud?
I have had my 325P2 for several years and have never experienced that behavior.
You may have a weak cell. I would try new batteries or external power and see if it still does it. I would also make sure it has the latest firmware.
BCD325P2 Firmware.
If the above doesn't fix it I would contact Bearcat Warehouse for a replacement.

KennyFnpowers55

Premium Subscriber
I tried running it without the batteries and the same issue occurred. Also loaded the latest firmware. No change.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can try resetting the scanner. Hold in the 2, 9, and HOLD buttons while turning on the scanner. WARNING! I believe that it will erase your programming. Don't do it unless you are able to program the scanner again.

Status
Not open for further replies.