New BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

The 436 is a more advanced scanner that includes a more advanced price tag - that's why.

As for why they chose this form, well, the display is larger than the 396 series. Maybe that's why. It's also a bit shorter, but I think a bit wider - at least on the top.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The form factor makes sense the way you explain it.

As to DMR, I wouldn't expect it in a lower line product before it's released in the top of the line product.

Not that I really expect it at all at this point.

The 436 is a more advanced scanner that includes a more advanced price tag - that's why.

As for why they chose this form, well, the display is larger than the 396 series. Maybe that's why. It's also a bit shorter, but I think a bit wider - at least on the top.

scosgt

Probably it will be much cheaper.
Probably all new scanners from this point on will do P2

scottyhetzel

I'm hoping it will work with freescan .... If this is the brother to the bcd996p2 than it should work. I don't really want to export and import into another software. Having 996xt, 15x and 346xt and one software to keep them all up to date is great.

bigcam406

i love my 125AT,so im considering grabbing one of these for monitoring my area's phase 2 system.only con im guessing is it is going to be hard on rechargeable batteries.

Voyager

No, it won't. It uses the same memory architecture as the XT series. So, FreeScan, ARC, or anything else that works with the XT will work with a minor tweek.

This was stated by UPMan in another thread.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Will it be a 396xt killer? Not for me, I detest the 125AT style scanners. I don't like the screen, they are not terribly durable, and wish the new scanner was in a 346/396 style body.

Maybe I'll get lucky and like the 996P2 there will be a 396P2.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Doubt if there is a 396P2 - as inside that's what a 325 is. I use a portable little, just do not need one, but have no issue with it. Smaller is better.

Have a small Yaesu that I still use for airshows, but makes a lousy scanner. About the same physical size, fits in a shirt pocket if needed.

Will it be a 396xt killer? Not for me, I detest the 125AT style scanners. I don't like the screen, they are not terribly durable, and wish the new scanner was in a 346/396 style body.

Maybe I'll get lucky and like the 996P2 there will be a 396P2.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Looks great on the "Video You Tube" report but when I heard it gets 4-5 hours on batteries that's not gonna fly with P2 digital......

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
But on one Video You Tube above thread says 4-5 hours on batteries , that's not gonna happen using P2 Digital, you will get about 2 hours??..As mentioned its gonna need more "batt" power for sure to support the loud audio.....

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP is only a couple few shillings more. SD card and the promised voodoo makes it a better buy.

Boatanchor

Looks great on the "Video You Tube" report but when I heard it gets 4-5 hours on batteries that's not gonna fly with P2 digital......

Are you referring to the BC125AT videos?

Yes, Uniden will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat re battery life if there are only two AA batteries.
Nobody is going to accept four hours useful battery life.

Also, now that some serious discounting is going on with the x36HP scanners and a 436HP can be had for only $440, one has to question the price point of this model.

Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 Digital Scanner BCD-996P2

Much like the suggested pricing on the BCD996P2, this 'mid tier' scanner appears to be too expensive when you consider that the flagship models are now available for not much more coin. My guess is that you will save 10-15% on both new scanners if you wait a month or two and prices pull back to realistic levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.