New BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

I'm shocked. Nearly an hour and no posts whining about the fact Uniden released another model. :D

t7ri3g

Premium Subscriber
I like the BC125AT form factor. Interesting that this will be the first Uniden digital handheld with a BNC antenna connector since the BC296D.

Voyager

Why would they add that to lower level models and not the upper ones?

TedRHayes

I like the 125 form factor. Even the small screen (if the same as the 125) would easier to read with my old eyes than the 436 (it needs a brighter back-light), though the 16 char alpha tag limit would be hard to go back to.

I'd like to know what the limits are for the dynamic memory (channels, groups, systems, etc.). I'm guessing they are similar to the 996XT or the 396XT. I found those limits to be problematic with some of the systems I like to listen to; have been spoiled by the lack of real limits in the HP series.

Most importantly, I'd like to know how this scanner works with P-25 Simulcast systems. The County in which I live switched over to a Simulcast system last year. Simulcast systems are becoming common place (or certainly will be in the near future) in metropolitan areas across the State of Ohio (and I'm pretty sure much of the country). If it can't handle Simulcast systems at least as well as the BCD436HP, it will have limited utility.

Gilligan

Database Admin
My curiousity would be why they didn't at least go to 3 lines of display if not 4... that would be better than having things flashing back and forth.

Voyager

My curiousity would be why they didn't at least go to 3 lines of display if not 4... that would be better than having things flashing back and forth.

A few reasons:

1. If you increase the number of lines from 2 to 4, that means each one is half the height it is now. No doubt, people would complain about the smaller font size that would result from the change.

2. They already have the firmware written to use 2 lines. It would cost more to change it and take resources away from other projects (perhaps other scanner models).

3. People have said the 436 is too much to read while driving. While that may be true (not going to get into the merits of that argument here), it's clear that some people don't want more lines to read.

Really, adding Phase II as they did should require minimal coding since both models already existed, and virtually no coding change on the part of the user interface.

wise871

Database Admin
How many AA batteries does this model require and does it have a multi color display like the 396XT?

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Shame it's not built like the 396xt. All other handhelds seem flimsy in comparison. I think I'll skip this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's kind of baffling that they picked this form factor for a Phase 2 scanner. Maybe there will also be a 396P2, but I kind of doubt that.

Shame it's not built like the 396xt. All other handhelds seem flimsy in comparison. I think I'll skip this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KA2ZEY

I don't like the form. It looks like one of their cheaper models. And why would I get this one over the BCD436HP which also does Phase 2?

And yeah, no DMR or NXDN??

Status
Not open for further replies.