New BCD396XT owner w/programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnmulligan

Premium Subscriber
Hi All...

I recently purchased a used BCD396XT scanner and programming it is the first step.

I have the programming cable and a copy of freescan.

Which file(s) do I download off RadioReference and upload to my scanner.

Thanks

joeuser

The Wretched
Well that depends on what you want to listen to. I'd start by going to the database for your state & see what is nearby & then what you may be interested in.

Shawnmulligan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply... Seems I asked a little prematurely as the frees an software is quite user friendly. Can't wait to get this scanner running!

Shawnmulligan

Premium Subscriber
teufler and others...

I would really appreciate any files that you have for Calgary.

I've been playing around with Freescan and am having some success, but I would really appreciate any head start that a member could provide...

Shawn
VA6OOO

masterb

I downloaded the database and basically tweaked it over time on what I found interesting or was useful. Personally I've dropped stuff that I have no interest in hearing and basically keep it on Fire, CPS, RCMP, Stars. I made a post a few years back asking Cgy users what they have in their systems but didn't get a whole lot of response at that time. You'll probably end up reloading a few times until you get the setup that you want.

Shawnmulligan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks masterb...

Yes, this is pretty much the process that I'm following too. And the software makes it so easy to experiment.

I've been away from the scanner hobby for years and find it just as exciting today as it was back then.

Chat to you again... Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.