new bcd436hp not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

scma127

Premium Subscriber
i just received my new bcd436hp today my pro106 and 197 sound better and the scan list isto big how do I lock out list when I turn in on it is slow it loads up the full database for los angeles are and then my favorites list not happy how do I cut that in half and the close call reception I horrible the bcd396xt is better
any input would be helpful thankyou

vstream02

So if the bcd396xt is better why not return the bcd436? No joke and not being mean but have you read the manual?

JamesO

Make a Favorites List, make absolutely sure you pick the proper Service Type as new Favorites that are manually entered default to "Custom 1" and you will likely get the message "Nothing To Scan".

Then turn off the Full Database and you will see that things work much better.

JamesO

You should read these

Nothing to Scan - The RadioReference Wiki

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/283404-x36-nothing-scan-checklist.html

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

You want to create Favorites List and assign Quick Keys to turn them on and off. If you do not assign quick keys, what is programmed will be scanned.

Go to the Set Scan Selection and turn off the Full Database.

But you need to make sure any Favorite List are turned on and the Service Types are properly set.

It will take you about a week to get some of this under your belt, but once you figure the scanner out, you will like it.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Also check out K4DPS on youtube. He has made some exceptionally thorough and detailed videos examining every aspect of the 436 as well as the 536 and explains how to do everything.

First off whatever you do don't let a Mac near your scanner. LOL

Then enjoy. I've had mine for several months and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.