New BCD436HP user help - Fort Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnFlamingo

Premium Subscriber
Hi! Loving all the information here. I am getting back into scanning after 25 years when I had 10 channel programmable Realistic...and my dad listened when I was a kid on a scanner programmed with crystals (Bearcat Electra IV)! I seem to remember another with the combs that programmed the frequencies with large dip switches in the front that lit up (Regency Vintage Crystal Monitoradio)?

I have upgraded my 436HP with DMR and NXDN, but don't seem to be having any luck listening to those systems.

I am using Digital Frequency Search to search for DMR and NXDN systems, and Sentinel to set up my systems/departments/sites - but I have a feeling I am missing some critical things I should or shouldn't be doing. Would someone be willing to take a look at my setup file and give me some hints where I could be goofing up? I am not sure which file I need to upload to share or if I am better posting in the Uniden Tech forum.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• scanner.zip
    3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Before trying to program anything yourself, update the database with Sentinel and listen to that for a while.

LawnFlamingo

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that advice Jon, however I have been listening to the standard database for awhile and want to expand. My database and firmware are up to date.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Digital Frequency Search hasn't been updated since August 5, 2019, and only includes license info. There's no guarantee that licensed frequencies are actually being used.

west-pac

With the DMR upgrade, will the scanner indicate a DMR frequency and pass the audio, when doing a service search?

Status
Not open for further replies.