New BCD536HP 5800xxxx Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darunimal

There appears to be 3 different Series of the Uniden BCD536HP Scanners 3800xxxx, 4800xxxx, 5800xxxx, if any one can comfirm that there is a new 5800xxxx, it would be appreciated!

Voyager

It's likely the first digit is the year of manufacture (2013, 2014, 2015)

I suspect in a few months you will see 6800 units.

BC_Scan

On my recent purchase I have 5800 series low 200's, must reflect the manufacturing dates.
Is there a question or concern with that ?

Voyager

In another post it was stated that all 5800 series has updated parts. I question the source of that statement, as I've never seen anything from Uniden that confirms that. If that is true, and the first digit is the YOM, that means they had parts for the production line almost a year ago, but only started fixing units a few months ago. Those two "facts" seem to conflict.

It would also mean that no units with SN in the 5800 range will have the RTC or backlight issues, and I'm not sure that is the case either.

D

darunimal

in another post it was stated that all 5800 series has updated parts. I question the source of that statement, as i've never seen anything from uniden that confirms that. If that is true, and the first digit is the yom, that means they had parts for the production line almost a year ago, but only started fixing units a few months ago. Those two "facts" seem to conflict.

It would also mean that no units with sn in the 5800 range will have the rtc or backlight issues, and i'm not sure that is the case either.

That was the POINT of the POST!!!

Voyager

If that was the point they should not have stated that the 5800 units have the fix. That's the opposite of what I am saying.

When I asked for a source of that information, no reply came forth leading me (and others) to believe it was a guess.

I still find it hard to believe they had the parts to fix these issues last January.

Voyager

Yes - in the other thread. They claimed the 5800xxxx units have the fix from the factory.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Yes - in the other thread. They claimed the 5800xxxx units have the fix from the factory.

I love my uniden scanners. my latest is the 996p2. i am waiting for confirmation that uniden fixes the 536 before i purchase one. i will keep an eye on this thread. the next prob would be how to be sure one is getting one of the "new" radios. i had read the serial # is not on the box and only on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.