new BCD996XT scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaminp1

brand new scanner trying to setup new site to scan ISP Elgin District 2 radio's could really use some good help programming scanner.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is no such animal from Uniden for the XT scanners. However, FreeScan is a very well supported freeware package that will handle the 996XT. The user's guide for this software is here

If you are totally new to this world, I would read up on some of the links that are shown in the wiki homepage. Just go to the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad, float your mouse over Wiki and click on Wiki Homepage. Reading up on Trunking Basics in the newcomer's area, and the first couple of topics - defining what DMA is, and how systems, sites and groups relate to one another - in the Uniden DMA FAQ (in the popular topics area) will get you started.

73 Mike

Last edited:

bottk

New scanner

You can also go to scanner master.com and download an easier to understand version of the users guide

I did this and from the time I took the scanner out of the box to the time I was finished programming for my area was less than 2 hours

In case you are interested the exact link is Easier to Read BCTD996T/UBCD996T Manual

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It should be pointed out that there are several features on the XT model that the original T model doesn't have; however if you understand the older T model as described in the Easier to Read guide, it's a short logical jump to the XT. 73 Mike

MFD4305

CARMA is your Friend

brand new scanner trying to setup new site to scan ISP Elgin District 2 radio's could really use some good help programming scanner.

I recommend you check out the StarCom-21 Profile at the CARMA site:

CARMA Profiles

Everything you could hope to know about the system is there. Look about 3/4 down the page. There's even a pre-made programming file you can start with and update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.