New BCD996XT won't receive Saginaw Co. Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobriff

First off, I'm new to P25 scanning so please forgive my ignorance.

I created a template using FreeScan software and downloaded the system data from RR.

Using these tools, I was able to program my new BCD996XT to receive the Bay City, Bombay, and Caro sites, but I can't seem to get it to receive Saginaw County's MPSCS towers.

I even deleted all other towers and created a new system with only Saginaw County sites in it, but still nothing.

Do I need to do something different in the programming because Saginaw's towers are simulcast?

I'm in Bay City and am using an outdoor antenna.

I'm sure there is something obvious that I'm missing, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Why do you think it doesn't get the towers? Can you hear the control channel if you manually step to it?

bobriff

According to the signal meter, I am receiving the signal from the tower on the control channel, but the radio doesn't decode any talk groups.

It is totally silent in the ID Search and ID Scan modes when on the Saginaw site.

Bob

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
have it stop on 868.9875 or while your scanning does it show in the upper right portion of the scanner display the 'graph' ? the graph I refer to is the signal strength meter. Im over on the west side of beautiful bay city hehe with a diamond 130j outdoor antenna. My s meter generally jumps fro 2-5 bars of strength.

Check to make sure you haven't accidentally set Saginaw locked out.

Since your new, good reading-learning -> http://marksscanners.com/996xt/996xt.shtml

I was going to send you a Private Message (PM) with my phone # but you must have checked to not receive them as I dont see the option for you, anyways if you haven't had any luck, I definitely can get it going for you, up to hooking to my outdoor antenna.
As you can see digitals are awhole new ballgame and are VERY difficult at the beginning.

You can contact me through my website below, use the 'my contact info' in the upper left at the webapge.

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Have you downloaded the latest firmware updates for your scanner? You may want to visit the Uniden Web site for the latest information regarding this matter. They can be found at the following location:

Uniden BCD996XT

73s

Ron

bobriff

Ronaldski,

Small world. I'm on the west side of BC too.

Thanks for your offer to help. A firmware update solved my problem.

(BTW, I updated my profile to allow PM's now).

Status
Not open for further replies.