New BCT-15 Cutting out every 2-3 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkthomps

I just got my BCT-15 from scannermaster, I have a weird issue that I haven't found much luck on while searching-

When scanning, I pick up all kinds of good signals, most are all 5 bars (I live in heart of downtown atlanta) but I can't count to more than 4 before the audio drops for half a second, it is VERY frustrating, if I am listening to a dispatch channel I basically miss every 8th or 9th word of what they are saying

I've tried messing with as many settings as I can, ATT on/off, delay time, etc

Anyone ever had this issue? Should I send it back? It does it on TV Station audio frequencies as well

edit: plugged up AC, using the telescoping antenna

garys

Premium Subscriber
There are a number of threads regarding this. Check to make sure that you have priority turned off. Also check for Weather Priority, that often does it. Maybe one of the mods will make a sticky with FAQs for the 996/BCT15.

Gary

n2mdk

It's one of 3 things Priority, Search or Close Call turned on. See which one it is.

bkthomps

can you elaborate on search? i was hoping to use the close call feature :( i've turned that off for now, priority was off

edit: close call did the trick! i also noticed that bear tracker (BT) mode will produce the same annoying results- is there a secret to effectively using close call without the choppyness?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.