New Bedford Municipal DMR New Talk Group #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
Today 8/1/2021 Heard talk Group 8 very active on the city DMR System.
The conversations had to deal with Piers and Pilings and Boat Parking So Ill
say this is the Port Authority or Harbor Master talk group.
Was using The Uniden 996P2 with DMR and Had the system already loaded in.

Pete N1EXA

KEWB-N1EXA

If this is the spare channel this is the first time I’ve ever heard anybody use it.
I tagged it port authority I’ll see if any body else uses it now.

pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
"Spare" might have just been a place holder until someone found a use for it and new radios were obtained.

If this is the spare channel this is the first time I’ve ever heard anybody use it.
I tagged it port authority I’ll see if any body else uses it now.

pete N1EXA

KEWB-N1EXA

"Spare" might have just been a place holder until someone found a use for it and new radios were obtained.
Port Authority Used to Be on 154.3400 which was the Old Fire Department Ch2 - I have not heard the Port Authority on there for some time.

Lately the Port Authority Re located to the Old Royal Restaurant on Route 18 down town Near the Old Nstar Power Plant.

On My 996P2 when they started talking on Sunday my radio tagged it as 8 with no title so i knew this was not entered in before

and I have never heard anyone on talk group 8 Before.

Wonder if the Airport is going to get off of 39.46 Lo Band and Go DMR too ?

Pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
The SNE Wiki doesn't have a TG 8 listed nor does the RRDB, so I don't know where that came from. TG 7 is listed on the SNE Wiki as New Bedford Airport with a confirmation from last December. Might be worth plugging that in and giving a listen.

Port Authority Used to Be on 154.3400 which was the Old Fire Department Ch2 - I have not heard the Port Authority on there for some time.

Lately the Port Authority Re located to the Old Royal Restaurant on Route 18 down town Near the Old Nstar Power Plant.

On My 996P2 when they started talking on Sunday my radio tagged it as 8 with no title so i knew this was not entered in before

and I have never heard anyone on talk group 8 Before.

Wonder if the Airport is going to get off of 39.46 Lo Band and Go DMR too ?

Pete N1EXA

KEWB-N1EXA

The SNE Wiki doesn't have a TG 8 listed nor does the RRDB, so I don't know where that came from. TG 7 is listed on the SNE Wiki as New Bedford Airport with a confirmation from last December. Might be worth plugging that in and giving a listen.
Ill have to mark 7 in For the Airport on the 996P2...I can say the last time I heard some airport talk on 39.64 lo Band was before Covid and I was
up by the Comcast Office. Over Here in the Acushnet Heights district I cant get the airport to well not even on the ATIS 126.85.

As for 8 it came up in the 996P2 scanner ... Now was that because it was the next open spot on the DMR in the scanner or the ID:8 I remember seeing the unit UID as 3008 in the conversation.

Its going to have to be confirmed before I say its official ! More or less making the comment to see if anyone else gets it.

Pete N1EXA

garys

Premium Subscriber
If the airport is on the DMR, then it won't matter where the mobiles are as long as you can hear the DMR trunk repeater(s). The FCC database shows the repeater site as near "The Octopus" off of Route 6 near the water front, actually on Melville Towers. Neither Google Maps nor Google Earth show antenna structures there, but the FCC data isn't always 100%.

TG 8 would appear to be the next one available, so that's why it came up on the scanner. The UIDs are kind of random as they likely just assign the next available one to a new radio.

KEWB-N1EXA

If the airport is on the DMR, then it won't matter where the mobiles are as long as you can hear the DMR trunk repeater(s). The FCC database shows the repeater site as near "The Octopus" off of Route 6 near the water front, actually on Melville Towers. Neither Google Maps nor Google Earth show antenna structures there, but the FCC data isn't always 100%.

TG 8 would appear to be the next one available, so that's why it came up on the scanner. The UIDs are kind of random as they likely just assign the next available one to a new radio.
Been this route before.
Don,t think its downtown But ill tell you my Car scanner gets hammered with DMR over load on Analog UHF up on Kempton Street at the city yard.
There is a Rohn Tower there with a few Antenna's on it. That's were I think the DMR Repeater comes from.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That may well be. That could be what they filed with the FCC, but then decided to change to an existing tower. They might not have updated the FCC data when they did that.

The way I usually confirm stuff like that is by taking my portable DSDPlus set up and driving by with no antenna attached. That works better for 700/800/900 than for UHF, but driving by both locations would probably give comparison data. It's probably academic if you can clearly get the Cap+ signal up in the Heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.