New Bell Ambulance Freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spankymedic7

Hi all,

I've recently heard on Bell Ambulance's primary dispatch frequency that squads have been declaring to dispatch that they were "switching over" once they arrived at what seemed to be a predetermined location. For instance, when they get within a certain area of their response zone, a squad will report, "453 to dispatch, we're on 794 entering downtown, switching over...". Any ideas? Are they doing what MFD did/does and switch to an alternate working channel?

CrabbyMilton

Maybe they are just switching over to one of those nation wide EMS channels in order to talk to the hospitals. I almost never listen to private ambulances only when I search the business bandsa about once a week but that would make sense. Unless they mean NEXTEL for sensitive info. Just my 2.5 cents.

rescue7043

I used to work for Bell Ambulance in the past. When they say 'switching over' it means that they were sent to a special event location (ie. Summerfest, State Fair, Miller Park, Etc.) That has a person there dispatching crews to certain locations so the incoming squad needs to know which gate to enter and which location to be at to meet a crew with a patient for them or whatever the case may be. All they are doing in this case is notifying dispatch that they are switching from the 'Main' dispatch channel over to the pre determined one for the location/event they are going to and won't be able to comunicate with dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.