New Beta Firmware loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh603

I have a copy of the new Bin firmware however when I go on my computer and look at the SD card there is no firmware or bin file to load it to? So I made a folder and called it bin folder but my bcd536 does not load it? Any ideas?
Thx

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a copy of the new Bin firmware however when I go on my computer and look at the SD card there is no firmware or bin file to load it to? So I made a folder and called it bin folder but my bcd536 does not load it? Any ideas?
Thx
You need to expand the BCDx36HP folder. The Firmware folder is a sub-folder of it.

Connect the scanner to the PC & select "Mass Storage Mode"
In Windows Explorer, look for the 'Removable Disc' under My Computer. The actual drive letter may vary depending on how many other HDD's or optical drives you have installed.

Click on the Removable Disc drive
You'll see two folders, one labeled BCDx36HP and the other System Volume Information.

Click on the arrow beside the BCDx36HP folder to expand the list of sub-folders.
You'll see folders for audio, Favorites Lists, and the HPDB (database), and also one labeled as Firmware among others.

Copy the correct *.bin file for your scanner into that folder (in your case, it will be the one containing 536 in the file name).

Once you've copied it, then correctly eject the scanner's drive from the PC before unplugging the cable.

The scanner will load the new firmware & reboot.
You're done.

kmh603

this is what my firmware folder says:
/Volumes/F/BCDx36HP/firmware/BCD536HP_V1_11_31.bin.cpgz
/Volumes/F/BCDx36HP/firmware/CityTable_V1_00_00.dat
/Volumes/F/BCDx36HP/firmware/ZipTable_V1_00_00.dat

however on my bcd535 under its firmware version it says V1.11.20? and not 31?
so it looks like its not reading the firmware folder?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
this is what my firmware folder says:
/Volumes/F/BCDx36HP/firmware/BCD536HP_V1_11_31.bin.cpgz
/Volumes/F/BCDx36HP/firmware/CityTable_V1_00_00.dat
/Volumes/F/BCDx36HP/firmware/ZipTable_V1_00_00.dat

however on my bcd535 under its firmware version it says V1.11.20? and not 31?
so it looks like its not reading the firmware folder?
Volumes/F/BCDx36HP/firmware/BCD536HP_V1_11_31.bin.cpgz

That is not a valid file name for the firmware. Remove the extra *.cpqz extension. The correct file name is
BCD536HP_V1_11_31.bin

kmh603

OK the scanner dumped the firmware and displayed Firmware Error, so I reloaded it and bingo! It now shows V1.11.31
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.