New Boston AFS P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

New Boston has been P25 Conventional for years.

Rather interesting to read they want to go "Trunked"

I would spend the time searching 137-144/148-150.8 and 162-174 [if they stay VHF]
altho the Military using Trunk has been the lower portions of the VHF not the 162-174

Happy hunting

Hi all,

There is supposedly a new P25 site to be constructed at New Boston AFS in the VHF band with a four months construction period from May 2020. Has anyone caught this system online?

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Been doing a fair amount of federal searching lately and other than their usual channels, nothing new. I can't always pick up the station from my house, but when I can, so far still conventional. Will definitely keep an ear out.

I'm guessing the connections w/the other bases is behind the trunking. But who knows.

ecps92

Yes on the connections, generally handled by the "CORE"
Similar to what PNSY has, with the 380 TRS where sometimes we can hear other bases, as the CORE "Switch" is likely hosted at a central location
Been doing a fair amount of federal searching lately and other than their usual channels, nothing new. I can't always pick up the station from my house, but when I can, so far still conventional. Will definitely keep an ear out.

I'm guessing the connections w/the other bases is behind the trunking. But who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.