New Brantford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

techmerlin

Premium Subscriber
I went to monitor Brantford fire when back in the area and noticed they had changed to their new system (after of course I heard nothing on the old system). I imported the new system into my scanner and can't seem to hear any activity.

I tested with only the fire talk groups then went and loaded the whole Brantford Public Safety and ensured I was in Open mode and still hear nothing.

has anyone else heard Brantford Fire recently?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I went to monitor Brantford fire when back in the area and noticed they had changed to their new system (after of course I heard nothing on the old system). I imported the new system into my scanner and can't seem to hear any activity.

I tested with only the fire talk groups then went and loaded the whole Brantford Public Safety and ensured I was in Open mode and still hear nothing.

has anyone else heard Brantford Fire recently?

Are you able to aquire a clear enough signal of the control channels?

I head out to the area a few times a month and when I bother (rarely) I have heard the counties talkgroup, maybe Brantfords also, dont know.

I find that this P25 system, I cannot hear the control channel from my apartment in Aldershot, facing S/SW. I always was able to hear the old Brantford EDACS system here, a bit noisy but good enough to allow it to work.

techmerlin

Premium Subscriber
Basically all I get with all the TG's in is static on TG 201 on and off ( encrypted TG I believe for Brantford PD) but I heard nothing else and usually at 7pm thereabouts you hear the radio calls as well. So this far nothing but the odd static on 201 from this new system.

techmerlin

Premium Subscriber
I just heard the same "static" on and off on TG 501 which is to be Brantford fire. Is it possible Brantford Fire has now gone encrypted or am I missing something

techmerlin

Premium Subscriber
This is working now,

User FORTS had figured this one out here http://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/265658-brantford-p25-system-comes-alive-3.html

Basically for those who run into this it looks like you have to setup some custom tables for the Pro96 scanner . I tested this on mine and it works

In Win96 set the bank type to 'MOT', and MOT 9600 CC to Multi Table, then click on the Extended Tables box. In the window that pops up click on 800 MHz under the 9600 CC column. Now, in the table below change the first line to these values:

CH Lo - 0
CH Hi - 4095
Base Freq - 860.0000
Offset - 0
Step - 12.500

Thanks FORTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.