New Braunfels Fire Dept. Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Gentlemen (and ladies too),

I've recently moved back to New Braunfels and will be dropping my 2 current feeds (San Marcos PD/FD & Hays County Sheriff's Office). See this thread for that discussion. My ISP should drop the internet at that location this afternoon, so expect those feeds to become extinct in the next few hours.

That being said, I should be getting internet installed at my new residence tomorrow afternoon. I would like to broadcast a feed for the New Braunfels Fire Department first, before offering any others.

I'm going to offer all the NBFD talkgroups:
641- NBFD Dispatch
642- NBFD Tac 1
643- NBFD Tac 2
644- NBFD Tac 3

For privacy concerns, and according to our Provider Terms, I cannot offer tgrp 645 (EMS to Christus New Braunfels).

The only other things I would consider for this feed are the depreciated VHF conventional frequencies that used to belong to the FD (the old PD one is now used for solid waste service), since those are pressed in to service for floods.

Does anyone have any requests, suuggestions or recommendations for this feed (NBFD only)?

In the future I would consider offering another feed- and am open to suggestions here. I have a few receivers I can offer for this, depending on what feedback I may get. I could stream a trunked system or just conventional. Alternatively, I still have an offer to run a feed from a friend of mine's house in Kyle (to begin re-offering the HCSO feed + adding KPD/FD as well). I'm looking for feedback here.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Wow, my feeds are "down" for an hour and I lose all "Premium Subscription" options, even though I've applied and been approved for another feed. Thanks RR, the last 3+ years must have meant nothing to you. Like a horrible ex-girlfriend sometimes...

tallen01

NBFD Feed

Have you gotten a feed for them yet? I used to live by there and listened to them all the time!

Thanks

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I got internet installed at my new house yesterday, the scanner is programmed and all the hardware is hooked up- I just need to make sure the programming on the scanner is correct.

I've used Pro-2052s for my EDACS feeds in the past. Now that it's programmed to monitor only stored talkgroups, I need to ensure it is only playing audio on those stored talkgroups. In short, I need to wait until the FD gets paged, then I'll now I'm good to go. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow morning, it should be up and running.

Just curious where you lived in New B? I'm pretty close to Station 3, which is on Hanz Dr.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Wow, my feeds are "down" for an hour and I lose all "Premium Subscription" options, even though I've applied and been approved for another feed. Thanks RR, the last 3+ years must have meant nothing to you. Like a horrible ex-girlfriend sometimes...

Jeeze man, take it easy.

Feed Online = Premium Subscriber
Feed Offline != Premium Subscriber

That's how the system is setup.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay, I'm not sure I understand.

Once, my feeds were inactive for 20 minutes, I lost all of the Premium services, no custiomized homepage, no Favorites or anything. I even tried to use win500 to see if I could import and no go.

I didn't notice this in the past when my feeds were down for a few minutes.

I was just stating the obvious... not trying to piss off anyone.

In any case, it doesn't matter anymore...

tallen01

Thanks for bringing up that feed!!! Is this system for NBFD trunked or just conventional? Also, do you have the frequencies for them? I am heading back down there for christmas and I would like to put them in my radio. I just needed the recieving freqs. not transmitting.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
tallen, they use the Lower Colorado River Authority's 900MHz EDACS System, specifically program in the Site 07 frequencies...

935.50000c
936.45000c
937.88750c

... in that order.

On this trunking system they use talkgroups 641-644 in decimal format (05-001 thru 05-004 in AFS).

They used to use 154.130 (CT 203.5) in good old conventional analog. This frequency is still used in some events (see: floods).

The audio feed is currently only feeding the 4 talkgroups from the LCRA system. I am going to add their old conventional one as well in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.