New Britain CT again

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb1zbh

Premium Subscriber
I programmed in the frequencies and TGID's for NB FD on a BCD325P2. Everything was good until a couple days ago when I stopped hearing them. I checked programming to see if I'd done anything wrong, but it all looked good. I created a new site and d/l'éd from the RR database. I'm still not hearing them. Anyone have any idea if it's me or did something in their radio system change?
TIA

MFCJR

I hear them fine from the New Britain site. I seem to miss some transmissions from the Hartford simulcast site so I no longer use it for New Britain.

kb1zbh

Premium Subscriber
I hear them fine from the New Britain site. I seem to miss some transmissions from the Hartford simulcast site so I no longer use it for New Britain.
I went over programming again last night and did find a couple what I believe are discrepancies. First I noticed there was info when I clicked "band plan" on the site I messed with, so I reset that all back to 0's, and second, the GPS coordinates and range weren't correct. Would either of those make a difference? Does reception of a trunked system rely on correct coordinates?

Still learning

TIA

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are using GPS based scanning, yes. If not, just extra stuff to worry about.
856.2125 is the current Control Channel. Be sure it is programmed in and unlocked.
You are better off creating a basic System for it. Once you get it working, move TGs into it.
- Program all the New Britain Cell frequencies in as P25 - Standard Trunk
- exit programming and be sure the screen shows a signal and should show System 3A9 site 1 (or 101 on the Uniden I think)
- be sure it is in ID Search
- Lock out the encrypted PD but once you can tell it is following a system, load to the computer and copy over the talkgroups, set Quick Keys, etc

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.