New Britain Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick91

Premium Subscriber
Hi looking for some help programming New Britain fire to my bcd996p2, i tried just programming it in as a system by itself and went through radioreference on freescan. No signal bars come up for it which i think means its not working like bristol, west hartford, CSP all come in. Recently i forgot to add frequencies to the APCO band plan but it keeps showing "Finding control channel". Thanks

new britain.jpg

Make sure you have the control channels (In red and blue) programmed into the CLMRN system

With the scanner in "ID Search" mode, you'll hear everything on the system, including the buses.

In "ID Scan" mode. you'll only hear the ID's you entered via Freescan.

To toggle modes, press IN the large silver knob and press "Scan/Search"

To JUST hear NB Fire, just enter all of the Control Channels and JUST the talk groups listed above, then scan in "ID Scan" mode.

Good luck!

nick91

Premium Subscriber
View attachment 90325

Make sure you have the control channels (In red and blue) programmed into the CLMRN system

With the scanner in "ID Search" mode, you'll hear everything on the system, including the buses.

In "ID Scan" mode. you'll only hear the ID's you entered via Freescan.

To toggle modes, press IN the large silver knob and press "Scan/Search"

To JUST hear NB Fire, just enter all of the Control Channels and JUST the talk groups listed above, then scan in "ID Scan" mode.

Good luck!
Makes sense because even with like Troop H simulcast i was getting buses etc and i thought i just had to lock them out when they came up. But i have the Connecticut system just with state police and then i tried to do New Britain separately so i guess it doesn't work like that?

cg

Premium Subscriber
New Britain is now a Simulcast cell on the CLMRN System and is not a separate system. You certainly can manually program it as a separate system but you may see groups that don't have NB related traffic.

nick91

Premium Subscriber
New Britain is now a Simulcast cell on the CLMRN System and is not a separate system. You certainly can manually program it as a separate system but you may see groups that don't have NB related traffic.
that was my goal and basically did through free scan but idk whats wrong

cg

Premium Subscriber
You can set up a custom search for 856-857MHz and see if it stops at 856.2125.
Also, you could do a quick manual programming for it. I had set this up for a different Site but works the same. If you don't want to use Quick Key of 99, substitute it below or change it later.
Here is the sequence for manually entering the NB Simulcast, Quick Key of 99, default of ID Search
Menu
Program System
ENTER
New System
ENTER
Select Sys Type
P25
ENTER
Standard Trunk
ENTER
Confirm?
ENTER
It will show the system number rather than a name, doesn't matter for now
Edit Site
ENTER
New Site
ENTER
Set Quick Key
ENTER
Scroll to 99 (I use this for test system as it is quick to recall)
ENTER
Scroll to "Set Frequencies"
ENTER
New Frequency
ENTER
ENTER
Hit Scan

chris

nick91

Premium Subscriber
Right.

You need to program the entire system then select what talk groups you want to hear.
So i reprogrammed the CLMRN system, selected groups i wanted. hopefully NB comes in now. I put all the frequencies into NB APCO band plan and put it on manual if that helps.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a file for New Britain Fire only on system quick key 1. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming.

Attachments

• New Britain Fire.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.