New Britain Police now fully encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFCJR

New Britain made some kind of a change to their system and now the police are fully encrypted. Where my Uniden 536 did not mute the encryption like it should have when it was part time it is now muting it all. So I am thinking some kind of a change was made to the system.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
There’s a multitude of other things we should consider before saying they’re encrypted. Is your scanner capable of TDMA PHASE II Operation? The database is showing NBPD TG’s as TDMA. Doesn’t show that they were ever encrypted per the DB besides the “VICE” talkgroup

MFCJR

They went full time encrypted last week. They were always part encrypted as I monitor them everyday.

MFCJR

Just the police. But they were always partly to mostly encrypted from when they first went to the phase 2 system.

WoodburyMan

Well. Now we know why they made changes. The New Britain system essentially doesn't exist anymore. They reused the site and frequencies and essentially made it a site for CLMRN now and assigned the TG numbers to align with CLMRN where they all start with 189xx. This is different than how Wallingford and Middletown are connected and links to separate systems, it was fully absorbed instead.

MFCJR

I was picking up New Britain on CLMRN when they made the switch until they changed the TG's in the New Britain site later that day. All I had to do was change the TG's on the New Britain site and I pick them up just like the old system. They sound exactly the same as before. They signed to a 4 year term to use CLMRN. So I guess after that term they could go back to their old system if they want.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I was picking up New Britain on CLMRN when they made the switch until they changed the TG's in the New Britain site later that day. All I had to do was change the TG's on the New Britain site and I pick them up just like the old system. They sound exactly the same as before. They signed to a 4 year term to use CLMRN. So I guess after that term they could go back to their old system if they want.

That won't happen. Might as well just write it off as another one gone.

MFCJR

If you are referring to the police they were mostly gone a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.