New Bucks County Medic Stations 174 & 176

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
With the public announcement that Warminster Ambulance service is ceasing operations and dissolving (Medic Stations 121/122) , Central Bucks EMS (Medic Stations 125/135/146) has announced that it will assume all ambulance/paramedic service previously provided by Warminster as of June 1st.

The Warminster Ambulance Service station in Warwick Township (Medic 121), which is owned by Warwick Township, will be staffed with Central Bucks EMS and assume the name Medic Station 176.

Coverage previously provided from the Warminster Ambulance station in Warminster (Medic 122) will be staffed by Central Bucks EMS and assume the name Medic Station 174. At this time, Medic 174 will be stationed at one of the Warminster Fire Stations, since the current Warminster Ambulance Station is owned by the non-profit and part of the dissolution process.

Central Bucks EMS has announced plans to try to purchase all the assets of Warminster Ambulance Service, including ambulances and station.

Some dispatches for the new stations began today.

trunktracking

Keller,

As a past member of Squad 122, I appreciate you posting this.

Yesterday, I created a closed group of Warminster Volunteer Ambulance Corps Volunteer and paid staff, to grieve the loss of the Corps. (1960-2017). I will post this to share with the group, currently at 100 group members and growing.

7 3 de WX4ADX
Joe

radio3353

It is, of course, a sad time to see a fine group go under due to financial constraints. My best to the public servants of Warminster Ambulance. As a former volunteer FF at a nearby station, I can imagine how the members feel.

On another note, can anybody tell me the locations of stations 125, 135 and 146? I know the service areas of the other Central Bucks squads from their website, I just don't know which station is in which area. Thanks.

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
125 is Doylestown, 135 is Lingohocken (co-located with fire station 35) and 146 is New Hope (co-located with fire station 46)

From Central Bucks Ambulance - about :
"We have three locations that serve the above areas:
1. Our first location is located in Doylestown Pennsylvania; where we staff two Advanced Life Support Units during the day and one working 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
2. Our second location; sub-station 135, is located in Lingohocken, Pennsylvania; where we staff one Advanced Life Support Unit 24 hours a day.
3. Our third location is located at New Hope Volunteer Fire Department where we staff an Advanced Life Support responder unit during the day, 7 days a week.

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
Hi Joe - I share your sadness over the loss of the WAVC. Even sadder is that the insurance payment process that contributed very heavily to this situation, and which plagues community ambulance services throughout the state. Until action is taken to insure that insurance payments go directly to the ambulance services, rather than to the user, we will see this issue grow even bigger... with the potential to cripple even more community ambulance providers. When I read that WCAS was owed over $400,000 in insurance payments that were made directly to users, but who did not then use those funds to pay their service bill, I was shocked at how big the issue has become. And this was reported to be after they had contracted with debt collection agencies to attempt to recover these monies (for a fee).

medic138eric

Premium Subscriber
It is, of course, a sad time to see a fine group go under due to financial constraints. My best to the public servants of Warminster Ambulance. As a former volunteer FF at a nearby station, I can imagine how the members feel.

On another note, can anybody tell me the locations of stations 125, 135 and 146? I know the service areas of the other Central Bucks squads from their website, I just don't know which station is in which area. Thanks.

To be more specific, medic 146R is an SUV ford explorer that provides paramedic services to new hope borough, and solebury township. They do not transport patients, because squad 175, is the NJ based BLS that provides 911 transport for the majority of those municipalities. When needed the medics hop on board a 175 unit to provide patient care.

Status
Not open for further replies.