New CALFIRE Frequency in El Dorado County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I heard a big tone-out this am on El Dorado County Fire saying to go to Command 2. I did not hear anything on 155.9025, but did find them on 151.265 which was the old CDF State 2 freq.
Don't know what happened to the new NBFM freq, but 151.265 is Command 2 for now. Hearing traffic.
Anyone know what happened? More interference from the Valley, or they couldn't get their radios programmed in time? They have had a lot of time to do this.
Norm.

"Old State 2" is now CDF Command 2. They are likely using that as their command net while they reprogram all the radios to the new El Dorado Command frequencies...you'll probably hear them on that net for a day or two until everyone is done and the bugs are worked out.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
I heard a big tone-out this am on El Dorado County Fire saying to go to Command 2. I did not hear anything on 155.9025, but did find them on 151.265 which was the old CDF State 2 freq.
Don't know what happened to the new NBFM freq, but 151.265 is Command 2 for now. Hearing traffic.
Anyone know what happened? More interference from the Valley, or they couldn't get their radios programmed in time? They have had a lot of time to do this.
Norm.

When they (CDF) changed to add the satewide command channels the names changes from State or CDF 1 and 2 to Command 1 and 2 respectfully.This included the addition of 8 more command channels that can be used either on an assigned regular bases or when requested per incident needs. These additional command channels except for one are otherwise local net channels that are used in other parts of the state. Some of us oldtimers will recall the old Red/Handy Talkie Net that was 151.220, now used as an Air Guard channel. El Dorado might have this as an "over flow command" like MMU does locally.

Locally MMU normally uses Command 2 for the westside of the unit on major incidents that requires be taken off of the normal dispatch channel. They use the Command 4 for the east side of the unit.

The big thing I see this year is the increase of the Air Tac channels that seemedto be in short supply over past years. I constantly heard Air Ops interference that coming from another incident that's several hundred miles away. (Remember altitude of aircraft increases rf signal distance.)

----
Sorry Duster - didn't see your response till I posted....

Last edited:

NorCalrescue

Premium Subscriber
Operations on CDF CMD-2 until Friday morning then the switch will occur to the "new" El Dorado Command (155.9025).

Norman

At 3:25 pm local, hearing testing on 155.9025 by DC605 with a pl of 186.2
That sounds encouraging!
Norm.

kma371

QRT
Good thing this thread got revived. After seeing this, now I understand how they get the names for the Units. I never thought it would be that simple :)

While I get the signal from the repeater input as well, when at home they are certainly not stronger than the repeater outputs.

AEU = Amador El Dorado
BTU = Butte
LNU = Lake Napa
NEU = Nevada El Dorado
TCU = Tuolumne Calaveras

What about Morgan Hill (SCU), Glenn (TGU) and Santa Rosa?

DANEMSPRINGER

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.