New CALFIRE Frequency in El Dorado County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

I will guess it is to replace the command freq 154.430 which, for the last year, has been hammered by a Valley FD Dept on Mt Oso (different PL). Lots of ED county is in line of sight to MT Oso.
Norm.

Norman

Looks like that is correct. Check out WPWF450 in the FCC database. 155.9025 is shown as a NBFM freq. (ED county fire command).
Norm.

NWtoSFO

I was up in ED County yesterday and heard nothing on the new freq. 154.43 was going strong.

I'm curious, though, as to why they would be getting interference if the from an agency running a different PL? Does this happen to counties like San Mateo that run common freqs with multiple agencies but different PL's?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I was up in ED County yesterday and heard nothing on the new freq. 154.43 was going strong.

I'm curious, though, as to why they would be getting interference if the from an agency running a different PL? Does this happen to counties like San Mateo that run common freqs with multiple agencies but different PL's?

Strong signals with a different CTCSS tone will prevent a signal with the proper CTCSS tone from being heard in the receiver at the intended user's location. As a result, you may not be hearing the problem where you are located, but it easily may be trashing the local and remote receivers at the sites that Camino dispatch uses to listen to the channel.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Do the CalFire ECC's have remotes (microwave or other) to the repeater sites? It was my understanding that they transmitted on the repeater input and received on the repeater output just as a unit in the field would do, using different input tones to select the repeaters.

In Sacramento I can normally get the AEU, BTU, LNU, NEU and TCU ECC's better on the repeater input than I do on the output.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
In Sacramento I can normally get the AEU, BTU, LNU, NEU and TCU ECC's better on the repeater input than I do on the output.
While I get the signal from the repeater input as well, when at home they are certainly not stronger than the repeater outputs.

AEU = Amador El Dorado
BTU = Butte
LNU = Lake Napa
NEU = Nevada El Dorado
TCU = Tuolumne Calaveras

What about Morgan Hill (SCU), Glenn (TGU) and Santa Rosa?

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
While I get the signal from the repeater input as well, when at home they are certainly not stronger than the repeater outputs.

AEU = Amador El Dorado
BTU = Butte
LNU = Lake Napa
NEU = Nevada El Dorado
TCU = Tuolumne Calaveras

What about Morgan Hill (SCU), Glenn (TGU) and Santa Rosa?

I do not get SCU or TGU on the inputs.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Do the CalFire ECC's have remotes (microwave or other) to the repeater sites? It was my understanding that they transmitted on the repeater input and received on the repeater output just as a unit in the field would do, using different input tones to select the repeaters.

Yes. All of the ECCs I have been in have microwave control of remote sites as needed to cover their dispatch areas.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin

NEU has only uses microwave to link to the Eastside repeaters (Truckee/North Tahoe). All other links are line-of-sight radio from the tower at the ECC to the mountain-top repeaters.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I do not get SCU or TGU on the inputs.
So are you saying that you get these two on their outputs, but not their inputs? And for the others you get them on both their inputs and outputs, and you get them better on their inputs??

duster said:
NEU=Nevada/Yuba/Placer
I was wondering how long it would take before someone corrected me. I find many of these Cal Fire acronyms to make no sense.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
So are you saying that you get these two on their outputs, but not their inputs? And for the others you get them on both their inputs and outputs, and you get them better on their inputs??

Yes.

swylie

Premium Subscriber
155.9025 is paired with 159.2775

Yes you are correct during the week of May 2 AEU will be narrowbanding and changing their El Dorado Command from 154.4300 rx and 159.2700 tx to 155.9025 rx and 159.2775 tx on multiple pl transmit tones and recieve pl of 186.2. This pair of frequencies will also be NFM.

Norman

I heard a big tone-out this am on El Dorado County Fire saying to go to Command 2. I did not hear anything on 155.9025, but did find them on 151.265 which was the old CDF State 2 freq.
Don't know what happened to the new NBFM freq, but 151.265 is Command 2 for now. Hearing traffic.
Anyone know what happened? More interference from the Valley, or they couldn't get their radios programmed in time? They have had a lot of time to do this.
Norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.