New call numbers being heard on DEEP Parks East talk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoolcop

The other night around 01:00 I heard two different units going signal 49 which is off the air for the day the were 526 and 530. I believe them to be park rangers I have never heard these numbers used. Unit supervisors in the parks division are the 100 series and the seasonal Encon Police are the 700 series and full time Encon Police are the 600 series. This is the first I have ever heard the 500 series used anyone know if they are seasonal rangers. Thanks for any help.

cg

Premium Subscriber
There have been quite a few of those new IDs this season, both 3xx and 5xx. I believe they are lifeguards for the State Parks.

Schoolcop

Yeah the 300 series are lifeguard supervisors. When the units I heard sign off 526 and 530 it was 01:00 so no lifeguards would be on duty then so it makes me think they are the seasonal park rangers.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I heard them doing missing swimmer drills at Hammonassett last month so I figured they were lifeguards. No idea how many 24 hour staff they have for campers at Hammo.

KB1JHU

EnCon posted on their FB page about a week ago that they graduated a class of a new program called "EnCon Rangers". These are the 500 units. They wear a bright safety yellow uniform shirt. From what I can tell, they supplement the regular seasonal rangers that each park hires and because they appear to work under EnCon instead of the park units they might be allowed to write tickets for park regulation violations.

From what I have heard on the radio, they are definitely covering the 3 major shoreline parks (Sherwood, Hammo & Rocky Neck) and the units from Sherwood will go up to Silver Sands sometimes.

Here's the text from their post.
Have you been noticing some new uniforms inside some of our bigger shoreline parks and a couple of our inland parks?
Recently our first Ranger class graduated. These rangers went through a rather extensive multi week training academy where they learned things such as CPR and first aid, report writing, interviewing and de-escalation tactics just to name a few.
These rangers can be identified within our parks in their safety yellow shirts that say EnCon Rangers on the back.
They will be assisting our full time Conservation Officers by handling things such as parking issues, alcohol enforcement, camping issues etc. They will also be available to answer questions that the general public might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.