New Carlisle Fire 800MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quint2

I know NCFD is patched to Springfield's 800MHz system and I read that they are planning to move to an 800MHz system sometime this year. Does anyone have any more information (frequencies, TGID's...) regarding this? They are working a structure fire at this time and have asked crews to switch to TAC 1 and I'm hoping someone knows more about this than I do. Any and all help, as always, is greatly appreciated! :)

TedRHayes

I guess they could be talking about the Ohio MARCS-IP P25 system. Under the Clark County (12) Talkgroups category, there is a Clark County Fire Dispatch TGid and a Clark County Fire Tactical TGid. I here these a lot on the Greene County Simulcast site of the MARCS-IP (which is an 800 MHz sub-system).

I think New Carlisle is in range of the 800 MHz tower at Wright State, the Springfield 700 MHz site and the Troy 700 MHz site.

Quint2

The only fire agencies I've heard on the IP system are Bethel and Springfield Townships. From what I read online, the plan was to move all operations to an 800MHz EDACS system and allow that system onto the Miami County platform for interoperability with Elizabeth Township.

SCPD

QRT
N carlisle

Ive never understand the choice to have the City of Springfield do dispatching when everyone else basically in the county uses the SO. I can recall when the City chose to overcharge for dispatching causing most to say BYE BYE, now they want to have them join that Edacs? Knowing the city though Iaam sure if they go MARCS they will encrypt everything as if everything should be one big secret. Glad to hear Clark decided to keep most in the clear.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Ive never understand the choice to have the City of Springfield do dispatching when everyone else basically in the county uses the SO. I can recall when the City chose to overcharge for dispatching causing most to say BYE BYE, now they want to have them join that Edacs? Knowing the city though Iaam sure if they go MARCS they will encrypt everything as if everything should be one big secret. Glad to hear Clark decided to keep most in the clear.

Politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.