New Castle County Law Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelrman

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but is anyone else able to be a feeder for New Castle County Law Enforcement since it is gone?

Septa3371CSX1

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but is anyone else able to be a feeder for New Castle County Law Enforcement since it is gone?

County police are encrypted. Feeds for state police were taken down to avoid full time encryption by them. So I'd say no one will host such a feed anymore.

jblackst

Feed Provider
I'm sure that the recent snafu with the DOC TAC comms going OTA on Broadcastify isn't going to help...

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
There hasn't been any talkgroup updates for the Del Pub Safety TRS talkgroups for some time. I have been trying to listen in Kent County since Christmas. How the DOC TAC comms were put out ota if the published feed was only supposed to send out dispatch info would indicate to me published talkgroup info is incorrect and the feed provider was simply sending out what is designated a tg containing non-sensitive info.

Monitoring anything here in Kent County is impossible at best with all the encryption with every LE agency! We should protect our right to monitor LE and we should do everything to encourage LE to not encrypt. Allowing live feeds will just keep them encrypting info so criminals cannot beat them to the punch.

IMHO all live feeds should be taken offline to protect everyone. LE recognizes police scanners and wide band radios are for sale. If we spend a few hundred dollars to acquire these scanners and follow the law we will be able to listen to more longer. Being able to use a personal app on your portable device (cell phone, tablet, etc.) from your own personal feed is ok. Sharing a feed with everyone who has a portable device in their possession should raise some concerns about ethics with all.

robertson40

Member / Delaware Breaking News DE110
Premium Subscriber
FYI All State of Delaware Talk Groups Are Correct I Listen To Them On A Daily Basis 24/7

So With That Being Said The Feed Provider Knew Clearly He or She Was In The Wrong 100% By Not Listening To The Feed Provider Terms Of Use and Provided The Audio For That Incident Anyway.

The DOC (Department of Correction ) Talkgroups Are Not On The State Of Delaware Public Safety System. The Are On Thier On System -- Delaware Wireless Interoperability Network (DELWIN)

Last edited:

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
There hasn't been any talkgroup updates for the Del Pub Safety TRS talkgroups for some time. I have been trying to listen in Kent County since Christmas. How the DOC TAC comms were put out ota if the published feed was only supposed to send out dispatch info would indicate to me published talkgroup info is incorrect and the feed provider was simply sending out what is designated a tg containing non-sensitive info.

Monitoring anything here in Kent County is impossible at best with all the encryption with every LE agency! We should protect our right to monitor LE and we should do everything to encourage LE to not encrypt. Allowing live feeds will just keep them encrypting info so criminals cannot beat them to the punch.

IMHO all live feeds should be taken offline to protect everyone. LE recognizes police scanners and wide band radios are for sale. If we spend a few hundred dollars to acquire these scanners and follow the law we will be able to listen to more longer. Being able to use a personal app on your portable device (cell phone, tablet, etc.) from your own personal feed is ok. Sharing a feed with everyone who has a portable device in their possession should raise some concerns about ethics with all.
Good luck trying to persuade them not to encrypt

Status
Not open for further replies.