New CC frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

Please explain to me why I see in green as a new CC frequency and the frequency is not new..Sibley Louisiana in Webster parish.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Please explain to me why I see in green as a new CC frequency and the frequency is not new..Sibley Louisiana in Webster parish.

Maybe it was just recently identified as being used as a control channel.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Green just means there was an update less than 24hrs ago. Unitrunker picked up data on Aug 5th and last verified correct on 12:06pm 8/13/21 that did not match the database. Frequencies no longer in use, active frequencies not listed, and a swap in PCC and ACC.

So the database was changed to reflect this.

Click: 3-48 Unitrunker

Last edited:

cajunjerry

Green just means there was an update less than 24hrs ago. Unitrunker picked up data on Aug 5th and last verified correct on 12:06pm 8/13/21 that did not match the database. Frequencies no longer in use, active frequencies not listed, and a swap in PCC and ACC.

So the database was changed to reflect this.

Click: 3-48 Unitrunker
Ok, but it was correct for the last year..no biggie

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Ok, but it was correct for the last year..no biggie

Actually it wasn't. Depending on how you have your scanner programmed, you may or may not have even noticed. All recently released Uniden radios don't need anything programmed for a P25 system other than the active control channel. Since they were just swapped in the database, the scanner didn't know the difference between ACC and PCC since 774.79375 was in the programming. It's also doubtful you even "have" to change your programming.

SDR however is nit-picky on details and will tell you everything that is going on, including stuff one may or may not even care about. But alas. incorrect is incorrect and errors will always be corrected. Whether or not they matter to some.

cajunjerry

Actually it wasn't. Depending on how you have your scanner programmed, you may or may not have even noticed. All recently released Uniden radios don't need anything programmed for a P25 system other than the active control channel. Since they were just swapped in the database, the scanner didn't know the difference between ACC and PCC since 774.79375 was in the programming. It's also doubtful you even "have" to change your programming.

SDR however is nit-picky on details and will tell you everything that is going on, including stuff one may or may not even care about. But alas. incorrect is incorrect and errors will always be corrected. Whether or not they matter to some.
Yes it was, I only put in the CC ..I have it listed under Sibley and I went to ad it again and it was a duplicate..I have seen this many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.