New Cecil county fire/ems dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

EX-2079

Cecil Paging Tones

Here is a partial list of paging tones I captured, They may not match the actual Motorola tones, this is just what I decoded in the last few days. I will try to match them up to actual reed numbers if I get the time.

CECIL COUNTY MD PAGER TONES

STA. 1 1468 HZ
STA 2
STA. 3 1036 HZ
STA. 4 950 HZ
STA.5
STA.6 799 HZ
STA.7 733HZ
STA. 8 883HZ
STA. 9
STA. 11 2363HZ

FIRE SUB-TONE 570HZ
AMB. SUB-TONE 601HZ
CHIEF SUB-TONE 539HZ

COUNTY MEDICS 1599HZ

FIRE PAGE IS STATION TONE WITH FIRE SUB-TONE
AMBULANCE IS STATION TONE WITH AMBULANCE SUBTONE
ALL CALL IS STATION TONE LONG TONE A
CHIEF OR OFFICER CALL IS STATION CALL WITH 539HZ SUB-TONE

More info to follow as it becomes available.

Still listening!!!!!

TinEar

organized_mayhem said:

Yeah, why not? No sense anyone beating themselves up trying to recover them when it's all printed out officially.

And at the same basic ccdes.org site are the VHF frequencies (19 of them) in use for Cecil County public safety...
http://www.ccdes.org/files/NEW FREQUENCIES.pdf
Those really need to be submitted to the database if someone can get to it. If not, I'll try to get it in tonight if time allows. Note they are all splinter freqs other than Mutual Aid and NLEC. Please leave a note here if you submit them so we won't duplicate the effort.

Last edited:

jpsmith2

Computer glitch silences dispatch

For the second time in a week, the county’s new $9 million emergency services radio system went down Friday, putting dispatchers out of touch with emergency vehicles across Cecil County.

Emergency officials said there were no calls during the almost 20 minutes the system was down, but chiefs were sent to each fire station in the county so they could manually activate the sirens in case a call came in.

Frank Muller, director of emergency management, said a router failed in the computer system, which was put into service late last month. He said when that happens, the system is supposed to switch itself over to a microwave link. But that did not happen.

Muller said the problem was short-lived.

“We (manually) switched over to the backup,” he said. “The interruption lasted only 15 to 18 minutes.”

According to Muller, when the router failed, the system was supposed to trip and allow the dispatcher consoles to operate on a different channel. The switch never took place.

“Everyone could talk to each other but not the dispatcher,” he said.

Because of similar technical problems earlier in the week, engineers were still in the building so the new issue was quickly addressed.

A replacement router was installed Friday night at the emergency center...

http://www.cecilwhig.com/articles/2006/09/25/news/01.txt

doctordave

Noted the updates to the Cecil Co database.

Are the 46 MHZ freqs truly dead at this point?

Also, as soon as anyone copies activity on the 2 new talkaround freqs, please post as to whether they are analog or Provoice. Any ideas as to what freq is being used for MSP helo patches in Cecil now?

Hmmm...interesting thing- when I attempt to enter 155.9425 into my BCT996 software, it auto changes the freq to 155.9437. Anyone else encountering this?

Last edited:

Joseph11

doctordave said:
Hmmm...interesting thing- when I attempt to enter 155.9425 into my BCT996 software, it auto changes the freq to 155.9437. Anyone else encountering this?

155.9425 MHz is not a valid frequency. It appears to be a typo in the PDF. 155.9475 MHz is a valid frequency, however. They don't have a license for 155.9475 MHz, though.

doctordave

Indeed. After reviewing the FCC database listing for Cecil Co, it is clear that the above-listed pdf file did have one digit off. The CORRECT LAW TALKAROUND freq seems to be 154.9425. I'll pass this on to the database admin.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
doctordave said:
Are the 46 MHZ freqs truly dead at this point? Any ideas as to what freq is being used for MSP helo patches in Cecil now?
You answered your question. No, the frequencies are still live. The 46 MHz frequencies are used for MSP MEDEVAC patches.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Status
Not open for further replies.