New Channel for Lane County EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I have been watching this for the last 6 or 7 days and now feel I am sure enough to post it. Lane County EMS is now using Freque. 853.9000, talk group 2441 to talk from Ambulance to Hospital. Unless I just over looked it in the database ( I looked twice) it's not in there. I could find the 853.9000 as one of the Lane County Freque's, but I could not find the talk group at all.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I have been watching this for the last 6 or 7 days and now feel I am sure enough to post it. Lane County EMS is now using Freque. 853.9000, talk group 2441 to talk from Ambulance to Hospital. Unless I just over looked it in the database ( I looked twice) it's not in there. I could find the 853.9000 as one of the Lane County Freque's, but I could not find the talk group at all.
Thats a voice freq on rebanded Dighton tower site 129. You should submit to database 2441 as EMS to Hospital.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
This is the first time I have heard any traffic on this channel was today. TG 2437 LaneCoSODisp Lane County Sheriff -- Dispatch. This was the ambulance calling SO Dispatcher. This maybe coming to a full switch over to 800 digital very soon for Lane County Ks. EMS. Today the ambulance was dispatched to Scott City 24 miles away. it was dispatched on the 155.775 freq. (old Freq)
When it was finished with the call it called the SO dispatcher on the 800 digital to tell her they were done and on their way back to town. Both sides of the conversation was in the clear. But this may not last long once they are fully up and running digital. As far as I can tell they only have the digital units installed in the ambulances. As of yet EMTs do not have digital walkie-talkies.

n0lqt

Both sides of the conversation was in the clear. But this may not last long once they are fully up and running digital. As far as I can tell they only have the digital units installed in the ambulances. As of yet EMTs do not have digital walkie-talkies.

Is your EMS all professional or mostly volunteer? If they are mostly volunteer, look for them to stay in the clear. Buying encryptable radios for every single volunteer would be prohibitively expensive and I don't believe KDOT will release the key for an individual purchase.

The same would be true for Fire. Mostly volunteer agencies usually will not go full-time encryption because of the cost and the desire of the agencies to have their responders know what is happening also.

Status
Not open for further replies.