New Chicago OEMC Public Safety - 800 MHz P25

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
O'Hare CPD (TGID 2501) is on-line as of this morning. All CPD dispatching is occurring. RID's 290xxxx series/OCC O'Hare CPD console 2504100.

OCC is still patched to the 800 Mhz analog system until all the radios have been distributed/installed. O'Hare tow trucks, TMA supervisor and (every once in awhile) a beat unit either has an old radio or has the wrong zone on.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
O'Hare CPD (TGID 2501) is on-line as of this morning. All CPD dispatching is occurring. RID's 290xxxx series/OCC O'Hare CPD console 2504100.
OCC is still patched to the 800 Mhz analog system until all the radios have been distributed/installed. O'Hare tow trucks, TMA supervisor and (every once in awhile) a beat unit either has an old radio or has the wrong zone on.

They've been on line for about a week now. Some complaining as expected, some dead spots were found that weren't discovered during testing..as expected. Day-to-day CPD operations are being dispatched though.

I did hear some testing on TGID 2506 (O'Hare CFD). Checking programming on a few radios..132xxxx and 134xxxx series. They might be next to switch.

WiKi updated: Chicago OEMC Public Safety - 800 MHz P25 - The RadioReference Wiki

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
They've been on line for about a week now. Some complaining as expected, some dead spots were found that weren't discovered during testing..as expected. Day-to-day CPD operations are being dispatched though.

I did hear some testing on TGID 2506 (O'Hare CFD). Checking programming on a few radios..132xxxx and 134xxxx series. They might be next to switch.

WiKi updated: Chicago OEMC Public Safety - 800 MHz P25 - The RadioReference Wiki

Changed to Phase 1 this morning.

KB9WUV

I've noticed more complaints operating in phase 2 than phase 1. It looks like they prefer phase 1. Miday did the same thing. Came online phase 2 then switched to phase 1

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed more complaints operating in phase 2 than phase 1. It looks like they prefer phase 1. Miday did the same thing. Came online phase 2 then switched to phase 1

They have a few dead spots and I also noticed that too about the Phase 2. Some is "operator error" and they are experiencing 2 radios keyed together at other times the radios are "hanging up" on either Slot 1 or 2. The other problem is since the OCC is patched to the analog, but the mobiles are not, the OCC is getting two conversations at once. I forsee many of these problems disappearing once the system is fully migrated.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
CPD O'Hare Operations have continued in Phase 1. No new talkgroups in use as of today. Motorola Tech (RID 300003) was in the airport doing radio checks with the OCC today. RID's in the 294xxxx series are being used for CPD mobile radios. WiKi has been updated.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Testing this morning on OCC-CFD (TGID 2506) in Phase 2 between Motorola techs and the O'Hare Radio Shops.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Hearing the CPD-Ohara-MDW system today with three bars, TG2501,250001, must have juiced it up coming in 95%....

jx87jx

Chicago OEMC probably put another site online. WQZR530, WQZR532 and WQZR533 show 7 site locations

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Chicago OEMC probably put another site online. WQZR530, WQZR532 and WQZR533 show 7 site locations

I believe they are all on line at this time on Chicago OEMC site which is simulcast. A few of us are monitoring the other frequencies for signs of new control channels. Midway & O'Hare are stand alone but some of the talk groups from each site are patched onto the Chicago OEMC simulcast.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
TGID 2502 (Phase 2) active today with O'Hare CPD Car-to-Car traffic at the CPD officer's funeral. Radio ID's were ORD CPD Commander's portable and a few ORD Tact Teams which I previously ID'd.

jpm

Looking at this comes booming in in the G4. Unidens don't touch it here in Buffalo Grove. Is this a Phase I or II use talkgroups.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Looking at this comes booming in in the G4. Unidens don't touch it here in Buffalo Grove. Is this a Phase I or II use talkgroups.

The SDS series resolved a missing link in scanning, but I know the Unication pagers have advantages and disadvantages. I've been following the G5 beta software release and if my only listening was P25, I would be looking into it.

As of today, CPD talk group is Phase 1, the Car-to-Car talkgroup isn't in use much, but the times I've heard it, has been in Phase 2. The CFD talkgroup has been in Phase 2 during testing, but it's not in use yet.

jpm

Oh working on another project. That will only be my TDMA. Just needed to know if this 2501 was FDMA. Ok thanks. This rocks in Buffalo Grove and I should have great results with my project. The scan situation with the G4 I really don't have a issue with that.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hearing TG 4013 this morning. Radio IDs 475×××
Appears to fit the TG/RID pattern for the Department of Water Management.

TGID 4013 was Department of Water Management traffic. Previously seen 475xxx & 484xxx series Radio ID's. Conversation was revolving around pump testing etc.

In addition some testing heard on TGID's 4001, 4015, 4017, 4024, 4025 all with 475xxx series Radio ID's. It would appear the DWM is going live on the system soon if not as of today?

jpm

The G4 is picking it up very well. Three/four bars. Lake Cook and 83 here.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Hearing this system out 14 miles NorthWEST of Ohare on my G5 but not with the stub antenna. Had to use my WISCOMM 700/800mhz motorola antenna that is the long distance champ. Works better than RS800mhz ducky too. Haven't heard anything on there but the 2501 talkgroup.