New Chicago OEMC Public Safety - 800 MHz P25

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
You are a beast at finding these! How are you determining which is what on the RIds? Just careful listening?

I updated the page to have headers so the table of contents renders as well

LOL...dedication! Both airports have an 0845 Hrs. daily radio test. Since yesterday was day one for O'Hare, the OCC made an announcement that all radios will be checked. Notepad was ready to go, and there you have it. Still more to go..if the city rigs receive O'Hare radios would be an example. In the past, surrounding companies were issued one "J Radio" for O'Hare incidents per company. Aviation Security hasn't migrated yet, as far as I can tell via Site-1. TMA's, Tow Trucks are a few others to watch for. My understanding is O'Hare Operations will be using the Tetra system that's being built out. They and the Motor Truck Drivers/Snowplows are using the UHF-T Trunking system, which they will have to abandon soon. Plenty of room on the trunking system too, time will tell.

I just looked at the page, seems a little more cluttered that way, at least to me. Others might disagree but that's ok. The RID's are in there for anyone who wants to update.

TangoBlue

Premium Subscriber
All I did was replace the sections with header formatting characters which will now generate the table of contents (TOC) on top of the page automatically. I also repalced the spaces between the RIDs and description with the : to make it easier to copy.

At the rate you are going with finding these, these list will get longer and longer so the TOC and headers make it easier to navigate directly to sections. :)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
All I did was replace the sections with header formatting characters which will now generate the table of contents (TOC) on top of the page automatically. I also repalced the spaces between the RIDs and description with the : to make it easier to copy.

At the rate you are going with finding these, these list will get longer and longer so the TOC and headers make it easier to navigate directly to sections. :)

View attachment 87567

Just a little programming tip if you're not already doing so, if close enough to O'Hare, program both Site 1 & 3. Midway also carries certain talk groups on Site 2 that Site 1 doesn't always carry, usually local...TMA's, MTD channels, Snow channels, Com channels and at times Security channel. You might hear additional talk groups by programming the O'Hare stand-alone site.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

View attachment 87567

I added a couple confirmed RID updates. All Engine/ARFF/Battalion Chief/Ambulances/Training Officers have been confirmed over the past few days. 5-7-3 (Rehab Unit), I couldn't confirm so I deleted my original entry. If you happen to hear them, note the RID and update the WiKi and let me know. Look for additional companies to check in over the next few weeks that don't use the system regularly, sharp ear needed!

TangoBlue

Premium Subscriber
I used your guidance and recorded the radio check via proscan logging this morning, so thanks for the tip.

At the end of the 845 one they said "switch to 53 for next check" or something like that. What did they switch to as I didn't hear anything else beyond that.

I was ID searching all 3 sites but maybe i don't have good reception being further north?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I used your guidance and recorded the radio check via proscan logging this morning, so thanks for the tip.

At the end of the 845 one they said "switch to 53 for next check" or something like that. What did they switch to as I didn't hear anything else beyond that.

I was ID searching all 3 sites but maybe i don't have good reception being further north?

They were telling companies to switch to fireground for 2-7-3 for the radio test. Because of the short range of Fireground, 2-7-3 (Command Van) performs the radio test with O'Hare Companies. That's the simplex UHF frequency in the database. Unless you're close, you won't hear it.

I just want to add, O'Hare CFD talk group can also be heard on the Midway Airport stand-alone P25 site in Phase 2.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
5-7-3 (Rehab Unit), I couldn't confirm so I deleted my original entry. If you happen to hear them, note the RID and update the WiKi and let me know.

I was able to confirm 5-7-3 (RID 1343390) during the morning radio check this morning. WiKi updated.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Still more to go..if the city rigs receive O'Hare radios would be an example. In the past, surrounding companies were issued one "J Radio" for O'Hare incidents per company.

Battalion 11 was delivering newly issued portables to his fire companies today. This coincides with the "J-Radio" issued companies. I'm sure more coming soon. WiKi updated, I added a new sub-category reflecting the city companies with assigned O'Hare Portables:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I was able to confirm Stair Unit 6-3-5 radio ID this afternoon. Phase 2 is still being used on the CFD talkgroup, and it has affiliated at times with the Midway Airport stand alone site 2. Wiki has been updated.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Heard some new activity today. TGID 2507 was ID'd by two CFD Training Officers as "testing on training channel". This was in Phase 2 also.

In addition, heard some key up's and testing on TGID's 2503, 2504, 2505. These were CPD RID's, but couldn't confirm what channel this was yet. This maps out as TGID's 2501-2505 as CPD talkgroups. I previously ID'd 2502 as Car-to-Car by the users. TGID's 2502-2507 has all been heard in Phase 2, CPD TGID 2501 is still using Phase 1.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I've been running Unitrunker on the Citywide Simulcast site and I'm getting many hits on TG 5084 (ENC). Likely CPD(?), RIDs in 553xxxx, 5638xxx, and 5855xxx range.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
TMA Supervisors (Traffic Management Authority) at O'Hare started patching from their analog radios on Radio ID 2504104 on the OCC CPD talkgroup (I labeled it OCC ORD-2 for now) within the past few weeks. They re dispatching on this Radio ID too, but it's usually the second dispatcher utilizing it. A few days ago, I monitored the O'Hare tow trucks (TT units) a few days ago, and today the O'Hare AMC (Airport Maintenance Comples) Dispatch was heard doing the same through the same Radio ID. "Testing on the new radios" was heard prior to the radio tests. No separate Radio ID's are being transmitted, the audio sounds different, and all transmissions are coming through on the same patched Radio ID (2504104), so I'm sure it's a patch. I'm not close enough to monitor Site-3 to find out if the AMC is using any new talkgroups but if anyone is near can check into it and submit any new finds, it would be appreciated. I hope to take a little ride soon as well.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Heard a CFD Main company inadverently answer on TGID 1021 this morning.

Heard some additional voice traffic this morning. An airport training officer was testing on TGID 1021 (P25/Phase 1) on Site-1 (OEMC Simulcast). Numerous airport companies were having their portables reprogrammed today. Based on the radio key-ups an associated companies, it would be safe to assume 1021 will be Main, and 1022 will be Englewood. I haven't seen any ambulance portables key-ed up on any unidentified talkgroups as of yet. Once it's operational, it can be confirmed of course.

Same radio ID's being used on their current system.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
TGID 1010 was active (P25/Phase 1) with key-ups this morning. Unknown if it's encrypted as it's been previously noted due to no voice traffic. One thing that I noticed was numerous exempt rank chiefs radios were seen with key-ups on this talkgroup.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
TGID 1010 was active (P25/Phase 1) with key-ups this morning. Unknown if it's encrypted as it's been previously noted due to no voice traffic. One thing that I noticed was numerous exempt rank chiefs radios were seen with key-ups on this talkgroup.
Unitrunker says yes, encrypted. Probably strapped to the talkgroup.

Looking at radio IDs I agree with your deduction that 1021 is main and 1022 is Englewood, and I believe from the RIDs and affiliations that 1023 will be EMS Main and 1024 will be EMS Englewood. All of the above have been logged using both Phase I and II. That's all I've logged off the citywide site so far in that "block" of groups but I'd expect more above 1024 eventually.