• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Class-E CB Radio, more like rebranding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russbrill

I have attached a radical Re-Banding and Re-Branding of two existing services. FRS would be Phased out and absorbed into the new service. And GMRS would be named something more appropriate and recognizable by the Public..

OKAY Roosters, sharpen your beaks and let the pecking begin :)

Russ

Attachments

• Proposed 2024 Class-E Citizens Band Plan.pdf
    332.1 KB · Views: 79

russbrill

I have attached a radical Re-Banding and Re-Branding of two existing services. FRS would be Phased out and absorbed into the new service. And GMRS would be named something more appropriate and recognizable by the Public..

OKAY Roosters, sharpen your beaks and let the pecking begin :)

Russ

My new Class-E service would have two types of Transceiver Certification. A Type-1 Certified radio can transmit on any channel including Repeater inputs (Duplex Mode), and can have an RF output up to 25 Watts. A Type-2 Certified radio can transmit on any Simplex (No RPTR Outputs or Inputs) channel with an RF output of no more than 5 Watts. Low power Type-2 radios can use external antennas. All existing FRS radios are to be classified as "Type-2" and grandfathered as Compliant.

I know I'm going to get static for Whacking 3 Repeater pairs. I monitor GMRS a lot in my area, and 90% of the traffic is Simplex. No more than one repeater has any activity on it. So, to be safe and fair, I left 5 pairs available and protected from Type-2 users.

I feel strongly that Repeaters should be licensed, but I'm not sure about individual 25 Watt users. I'm leaning towards keeping the High Powered users licensed.

prcguy

Russ seemed to be a nice guy, until someone recognized him at a radio convention and yelled, Hey! There's the guy who ruined GMRS and cost me a fortune in repeater expenses! Lets get him!!!! And he was caught and beat to death with sticks and RG-214 coax jumpers, it was not a pretty sight.

Why oh why did he do it? GMRS served so many people so well until that crazy proposal came out and wreaked everything. Why Russ, why????

russbrill

Russ seemed to be a nice guy, until someone recognized him at a radio convention and yelled, Hey! There's the guy who ruined GMRS and cost me a fortune in repeater expenses! Lets get him!!!! And he was caught and beat to death with sticks and coax jumpers, it was not a pretty sight.

Why oh why did he do it? GMRS served so many people so well until that crazy proposal came out and wreaked everything. Why Russ, why????

Ha ha ha, I love it... Well, to be honest the Feds kinda already ruined it.. You've got FRS users on Repeater outputs...

russbrill

Russ seemed to be a nice guy, until someone recognized him at a radio convention and yelled, Hey! There's the guy who ruined GMRS and cost me a fortune in repeater expenses! Lets get him!!!! And he was caught and beat to death with sticks and RG-214 coax jumpers, it was not a pretty sight.

My Band Plan tries to give everyone what they want. More simplex, channels, moderate power (Not the Australian 5 watt B.S.) levels, and protected repeater outputs. All while staying within the existing allocated spectrum...

russbrill

FYI: The FCC has a witness protection program similar to DOJ's :)

russbrill

Hey PRC,

You might find this an interesting read https://repository.uchastings.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2392&context=hastings_law_journal … Goes to show you how CRAZY things were back then, I'm glad I missed out......

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.