• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New CM300d

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowderK

LEO / Paramedic
Premium Subscriber
Ok here is my issues i have 6 new CM300d AAM01JQH9JA1AN
FW R01.01.45.0001
CP 12.05.39

when i try to read or write to any of the radios is get error #101005 codeplug version not supported
I have both CPS 16 and CPS 2.0 2.18.95.0
Can anyone tell me how to fix this

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
There's a newer version of CPS 2 than what you have now. I just had the same issue a few weeks ago with some factory fresh CP200ds and resolved it by upgrading to 2.21.

K2NEC

There's a newer version of CPS 2 than what you have now. I just had the same issue a few weeks ago with some factory fresh CP200ds and resolved it by upgrading to 2.21.
Oh. 2.21 is latest??

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I just looked and there's an even newer version now. M2020.01 just came out yesterday. They've restructured how they number each revision. 2.21 was the most recent before.

hockeyref2

CPS 2.24 seems much quicker when navigating around compared 2.21. Of course I have only used it once or twice - I normally use radio management.

Tech21

Did they make it any better? :ROFLMAO:
The hate for 2.0 really doesn't make sense. I program radios in 2.0 quite often and never have any issues. Sounds like some of y'all just don't know how to program radios very well.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
The hate for 2.0 really doesn't make sense. I program radios in 2.0 quite often and never have any issues. Sounds like some of y'all just don't know how to program radios very well.

Aside from being ridiculously slow, not being able to copy channels between zones, bluetooth programming being gone, it's indeed a fantastic piece of software! Not to mention, the rumor of not being able to use CPS if the radios are outside of the service period is apparently going to be coming true very, very soon.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber

What kind of radios are you programming? Simple 1 or 2 channel CP200ds? Or codeplugs someone else built?

I can confidently say that many of the complaints are from "y'all" who know what the hell they're doing and do it on a daily basis. There's no argument that CPS 2.0 is a major step backward in some ways from the workflow available in Build 828.

CPS 2.0 is great when you bill by the hour and have no conscience.

Last edited:

Firebuff880

Ok here is my issues i have 6 new CM300d AAM01JQH9JA1AN
FW R01.01.45.0001
CP 12.05.39

Your problem may be that your firmware is to old. I don't do much with these, but for other subscribers you have to be much closer to the R01.12.17 release of firmware to use newer CPS builds.

I think you need to find an older version of CPS update your firmware and then use the newer code. If you search here I think someone previously had a matrix posted.

K2NEC

Your problem may be that your firmware is to old. I don't do much with these, but for other subscribers you have to be much closer to the R01.12.17 release of firmware to use newer CPS builds.
R01.12.17 is for Gen 1 radios like the 6550 and 4550. The CM300d do not fit this category

Tech21

What kind of radios are you programming? Simple 1 or 2 channel CP200ds? Or codeplugs someone else built?

I can confidently say that many of the complaints are from "y'all" who know what the hell they're doing and do it on a daily basis. There's no argument that CPS 2.0 is a major step backward in some ways from the workflow available in Build 828.

CPS 2.0 is great when you bill by the hour and have no conscience.

Except many of the complaints about 2.0 are from your typical "radio guy" that doesn't like change and can't adapt very well.

hockeyref2

I upgraded some of my radios to 2.10. The older ones, I get an error saying I cant go to M2020.1 (2.20) due to the software thing, but I can still program them. I saw the same thing with my cm200d/300d's.. couldnt go to the newest firmware on the older radios. I did have one XPR3500e that I thought could upgrade but it said no, so I will have to get with my dealer. This is using radio management.

Firebuff880

To go to M2020.01 you have to submit a list of radios to MSI through your dealer. Best created from Radio Manager (RM) once you have the serial numbers approved then you have some additional RM steps to take and finally you can upgrade. But reading the avilable doc why would you want to do this at this time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.